Chapter Fifteen.

Melanie and I walked in the school building together and some people stared at us. Everyone knew what happened Saturday and I wanted to go and hide. I hated the pity looks on their faces and all I wanted to do was smack it off and tell them to leave me alone.

"I haven't spoken to Jason since Saturday night.", Melanie said with a heavy sigh. "He's been calling me and I'm to much of a chicken to answer. I thought he'll leave me alone after.",

"Do you want that?", I asked.

She sighed again and shrugged, "I don't know, Jesse. I like him so much, but it feels...I don't know, awkward. I was kind of crying during it and every time he tried to get off me, I kept pushing him back in. I was kind of being...pushy. I didn't miss the uncomfortable look on his face, though. Oh god, he thinks I'm lousy now! Oh my God, the whole school going to know-",

I went in front of her and put my hands on her shoulders, "Mel, calm down! I very much doubt that. If he didn't want anything to do with you, he wouldn't be trying to call you.",

She nodded quickly, "Your-your right. I'll just talk to him and get the awkward tension behind."

I nodded and went back next to her as we continued walking to the sophomore hallway. I couldn't stop myself from thinking of Kaden. I sighed lowly to myself. He litary stayed outside my house all night until he mom made him come back this morning. I watched out the window as he went back.

I still can't believe this; my best friend for almost ten years is not who I thought he was. He was a freaking wolf! I still can't believe that's possible, but I do. I know he is. Now I understand why he was out that week, crying in pain that one day, and why'd he seem to go so much bigger. I seen movies like those like New Moon and damn, my best friend a werewolf! That doesn't make me Bella, right?

Nah, vampires aren't real...I hope.

{}

I couldn't stop myself from looking around the lunch room for Kaden. He was over with his friends, but he looked depressed and twirled his phone around. I felt bad, but I couldn't be around him right now.

I'm to scared.

I'm worried I might give into him and hurt Logan more. I like Logan, very much.

Kaden looked up and I quickly looked back down at my lemonade, feeling my cheeks blush up. Damn, this is going to be so hard.

I moved my eyes to looked over where he was and he was still looking my way. I moved my hair in front of my face a little so I could slightly move it to get a better look. He looked tired and had this apolgentic look in his eyes.

I just looked back down at my drink and sighed. I hate fighting with Kaden. He's my best friend for god sakes and it's not like I can handle being mad at him. He's bin there for me all the time, why can't I be here for him this time?

Oh right, cause I'm his freaking 'soul mate'.

That just a little crazy. I am not his soul mate and I don't care what he says. I don't belong to him.

{}

Next day.

After school, Melanie and I walked out of the building and I saw Jason over at his car. He was sitting on the hood with his feet on the bumpers as he texted on his phone. I looked at Melanie and saw her biting down on her lowering lips as her hands played nervously together.

I raised an eyebrow, "Are you going to talk to him or chicken out again?",

She licked her lips quickly, "I'm-I'm going to talk to him. I can't avoid him forever.",