4.sunflowers

I wake up to the sound of Mackenzie using her blow dryer. Does that girl know it's freakin 6:20 in the morning?!"Someone please go tell her to turn that thing off",I yell, but no one answers me.

I'm so tired from the night before that if someone were to tell me I could stay in bed the whole day,I would. But I can't, today is the last full day of camp for the summer and we leave early tomorrow morning.

I have to make the best out of today by doing something epic with Marlee and Lexi, I also have to tell Jacob how I feel.

I look across the room to find Lexi and  Marlee still in their beds. The two of them share a bunk bed and I share one with Molly. And since Mackenzie basically thinks she's a princess she got the single queen sized bed.

Marlee is sitting there reading a book. I glance at the top of the bunk where Lexi is listening to music and drawing.

I decide to talk to Marlee first, mostly because I am too tired to climb the little ladder, up to where Lexi is.

"Hey Marlee", I say. She brightens up at the sound of my voice, putting a book mark in her book and setting it on the floor.

"Morning Rowan", she replies.

I suddenly get a great idea. I gesture my head towards Lexi's bed and hold my index figure to my mouth,signaling her to be quiet. She seems to get the message.

We both climb onto opposite sides of the bed. Marlee whispers," one,two,three!" On three Marlee and I pounce on Lexi's bed. She jumps up and squeaks In surprise. We all sit there laughing, gasping for air.

Then we hear Mackenzie scream. We all sit up a little straighter as Mackenzie comes out of the bathroom door, holding a tube of mascara in her hand.

Anger burns through her gaze and she looks at us. she looks as if she is about to murder someone. "Can you brats go and make donkey noises somewhere else?! You made me mess up my makeup!" Okay, no one makes fun of my friends or our unique laughs.

I look up at Mackenzie,"oh poor thing", I reply in a total sarcastic voice.

Then we start laughing all over again.
Mackenzie stomps out of the room,"Uhhhhhhhh!" I promise, I'm not mean, I just stand up for myself.

Lexi snickers,"dramatic much?"

I laugh,"yeah, no kidding."

Marlee decides to bring up a different subject,"So Lex, how was your date with Jack last night?"

I set(okay, introduced)Lexi up with Jack the third day of camp. He is good friends with Jacob and I thought she needed a little extra excitement.

Lexi smiles at the sound of his name,"It wasn't really a date, we just hung out, but it went really well."

  Okay",I said teasingly." Tell us more."

She just rolls her eyes at my immaturity and Marlee laughs. "Well we went night swimming in the lake since it was really hot. We just talked and I learned a lot more about him."

I raise an eyebrow at her, a little confused. I look at Marlee and she looks confused too. I decide to say something,"Didn't Abby and  Pat guard that area last night?"

Marlee finishes my thought for me,"Yeah, You guys would have gotten caught, you were out too late."

"We went to a different lake. Jack showed it to me. It's a little smaller but it's better since no one really knows about it."

"Oh. That's cool", I stop for a minute before continuing,"Anyway, I was thinking since today is the last day of camp, we should do something really cool or crazy."