14.This is NOT going to end well

💜Warning: cliff hanger ahead!

I wake up to a pillow getting thrown at my head. Can't I wake up naturally for once? Can't I just have one normal morning?A second pillow attacks my face and my eyelids fly open. There Marlee and Lexi stand, laughing.

I don't think that they know I'm awake so I surprise them when I catch the third pillow and chuck it towards them. "She's awake! The beast has risen!" Marlee screams and we all begin to laugh and throw pillows at one another.

After our epic pillow war we sit down on the ground, breathless."We should hurry and get ready if we want to make it to breakfast on time", I say, glancing at the clock.

They nod,"yeah, But don't go into the bathroom yet, Mackenzie is in there",Lexi tells me.

"Where's Molly?" I ask, curious.

Marlee shrugs,"She left 20 minutes ago. She said she needed to go on a walk to clear her mind or something."

I quickly take that information in, remembering last night,"what do you think..."

Lexi cuts me off," I don't know, it's probably some stupid bet. It will be fine, Plus it's none of our business." her voice doesn't sound like it was all going to be alright. But she has a point, it's none of our business, but Marlee's and Lexi's eyes are both full of curiosity. And mine?I'm just as curious.

☀︎              ☀︎                    ☀︎                 ☀︎               ☀︎

At breakfast miss Abby and Emily announce that we will have a scavenger hunt today. She tells us that there will be four teams. Two teams will be girls, and two teams will be boys.

Several people cheer, including my friends and I. As they continue talking about morning announcements I move my disgusting  eggs from side to side on my plate with my fork. I glance over at Molly,who is shooting daggers at Emily once again.

Eventually Everyone stands up and heads  toward the field where the scavenger hunt list will be given.

Once we're at the field I see Jacob and over to say hi. But I think our competitive side got the best of both of us,"you're going to lose, love." He says love as if it's supposed to soften the harsh words he threw at me. He smiles and I smile right back.

Excuse me but Rowan Marshall doesn't lose.    "Not if I kick your butt first, sweetheart."

He chuckles, starting to walk off."whatever you say, babe." Uhhh! I hate it when he calls me that.

So when he's a good 30 feet away from me I yell,"good luck sugarplum!" A few people around us chuckle and Jacobs face turns a little red. But he smiles, biting his lip. Ha! He's gonna lose.

Ten minutes later I'm franticly searching through drawers, looking for a pink hair tie(one of the items on the list. Good luck with that one boys!) I eventually find a cosmetic bag full of hair ties, Bobby pins, clips, etc. I slip the pink hair tie onto my wrist before running out the door to meet back up with my group.

"Lizzy found the blue pillow case!" Marlee exclaims, waving me over.

I look at the girl in our group named Lizzy, my eyes lingering on the blue pillow case scrunched up in her hands"perfect, good job. Let's keep going."