24.Jacob

After lunch Zach and I go down to the rope course, followed by the beach. As we walk along the waves, our feet on the wet sand, I can only think of Jacob. I don't know why. Actually yes, I do know why.

Anyway, as we walk I don't even pay attention to my boyfriend who's holding my hand, because surprise surprise, I'm still thinking of Jacob. I feel horrible and I want to make things right, I just hope he'll let me. I want to see him smile again. I haven't seen that smile in a long time and I hope I don't have to go much longer without seeing it.

"Whatcha thinking about", Zach asks me.

I panic for a quick moment before giving him a blunt answer and changing the topic,"nothing much. Are you excited for the camp fire tonight?"

Zach doesn't seem to care that I quickly changed the subject."Yeah, It seems like a lot of fun."

I nod,"yeah, it is. I'm excited too."

Zach and I continue to walk on the beach for a while, I spot the rock that Jacob and I had Carved RJ into during summer 15. And my stupid heart beats a bit faster as we walk by it.

I ask Zach if he wants to go in the water, he shakes his head and declines my offer. Jacob would have loved to go in the water with me, especially if I asked him first. I stand in the ankle deep water, and look out into the sky. I feel a hot tear roll down my cheek. Gosh darn it Jacob, why do I still love you?

We walk in silence until our legs and feet are tired, only then do we go back to our dorms and get ready for dinner.

I take a hot shower, and put on a black shirt and a pair of denim jeans. I look in the mirror and run a hand through my straight hair. Wow. Today has been a long day, and I have a feeling it isn't over.

............................................

Dinner is a lot of fun. I have a chance to forget about Jacob while I sit at a table with Lexi, Molly, Marlee, and Mackenzie. Zach had gone to sit with some friends that he has made the past day or so, and we decided to just meet up at the camp fire later.

After lunch Lexi had gone and talked with Marlee and Molly. So now we are all happy. It feels AMAZING to be back, hanging out with everyone. I makes me extremely happy.

Through dinner we talk, laugh, share old memories, and of course eat our pizza. After dinner the five of us all head down to the camp fire.

The camp fire is pretty cool. There are four log benches that are lined up in a square. The counselors all sit on the benches, and the kids sit on Wooden bleachers surrounding the benches. The fire is placed in the very center of the four benches, providing heat to everyone around it.

I see Zach and sit next to him. He gives me a hard kiss on the cheek, little to no spark is left after his lips leave my fair skin.

On the other side of me is Marlee. Next to Marlee Is Jacob, followed my Jack, Kyle, Mackenzie, Lexi, and Molly. "Hey Rowan", Lexi asks me over the fire.

I smile and turn to look at her,"what's up?"

"Um, since you got a new phone, can we all have your new number?"

I nod,"of course."

Everyone pulls out there phone, including the boys,"okay..." Lexi asks, telling me to read off seven numbers.

"Okay, it's. 7..4..8..6..4..2..2."

"Perfect", Marlee says, her pink painted nails typing on her screen. Once she adds my contact into her phone she slips it back into her orange sweatshirt.