My alpha mate

Chapter 19

*Luke’s POV*

            I stared in horror as one of them lunged at Sierra, but being the bad ass that she is, she turned and lunged at him.

*Sierra’s POV*

            I lunged at the mud brown wolf tried to attack me; he was dead in a second. I bared my teeth as the next rogue tried to take a hit at me, but in the end his head was on one side of the room and his body at the other. I turned to see Luke fighting two at once so I ran over and took one of them myself. This wolf was strong! He grabbed me by the throat and started tugging at the fur. So I turned and bit him in the eye. Making him let go.

            I turned around just in time to see my mother lunge at me. I whined, I wasn’t planning on killing her but it looked like I had no choice. I crouched down closer to the ground as I let out a feral snarl, and my mother looked taken aback. Her petite grey and white body lunged at me and I quickly side stepped it and lunged at her neck. My jaws clamped on and I could taste the blood pouring into my mouth.

            I wanted to gag at the coppery taste but I held myself back, I tugged back and forth and I could feel the fur coming loose from her neck. She was whining so hard, and then I saw my father. He stood there looking horrified at me and my mother, I could tell he wanted to intervene but thought better of it. I guess I got distracted because the next thing I knew I was on my back and my mother was gnawing at my neck and I could feel myself slipping into unconsciousness.

*Luke’s POV*

I watched as Sierra slumped to the ground, knocked out. I felt my wolf come out and he attacked her. ‘Lizzie listen to me. I never cheated on you. It was a royal commitment and I could not stop the pregnancy. So she came out of it. It is neither of our faults. I am so sorry I hurt you but I couldn’t stop it.’ I could see she was surprised at Mark’s words but made no move to leave, and then she ran out the door, Mark hot on her tail.

I turned and saw Sierra getting carted off by the pack doctor, and I immediately went after her to the infirmary. I watched as she connected Sierra to a whole bunch of machines. Her heart beat was normal but it looked like she was going to be out for awhile. I went into my room, shifted, and changed into sweat pants and a tight plain grey shirt. I sighed as I sat by my baby’s bed, watching her as she slept or whatever she was doing.

I ran my hand through my hair as I remembered us joking about me being a stalker that one morning. God that was so long ago, it felt like two days ago. I layed my head by her arm and fell asleep.