chapter one: [start of something]

"Some people come into your life and you just know you will never be able to replace them if they ever left."

Indigo's POV

I flipped yet another page of the yellowing book, my eyes quickly spotting the monstrous sketch of what I was supposedly. I sighed and turned to the next page, seeing loads of paragraphs. Paragraphs full of words that, frankly, I didn't want to read. I'd been reading for the past two hours. Most of what I skimmed just repeated the same thing. Foreign blood, blah blah blah, dangerous, blah blah blah, blood, blah blah blah.

  "Find anything yet?"

I looked over to Stiles from Scott's bed, seeing him actually looking away from the computer this time, away from the same website he's been on for the past thirty minutes. His eyes hopeful and curious.

"Just a horrifyingly offensive drawing of me." I smirked, shutting the book loudly. I sat up, crossing my legs as Stiles groaned and turned back to the screen.

"None of its- inclusive. It's all just basic, things we already know. Fangs, claws, eyes, taste for human blood. And, the same constant nagging about not giving you anybody else's blood." He shook his head, scrolling a bit more.

"Then case closed." I pleaded. "I mean, I'm obviously the only evidence we have next to these websites that might be right. We might just have to see what happens. Learn by experience."

   "No." Stiles rushed. "It's not just about what you can do, it's what other things can do to you. Other than this foreign blood thing, we really have no other start for other weaknesses. What if your vampire part lets you die from a wooden stake?"

"Then I'll stay away from people who carry those, which honestly, I'm pretty sure there's not many of them." I nodded, crawling off the bed. I stood next to his chair, placing my hand on his shoulder easily. Stiles exhaled loudly and turned to me, my hand falling as I looked down to him. He stared down to them and grabbed both of my hands gently, his thumbs rubbing small circles to the back of my hands.

"I just don't want something to happen when I could've stopped it." He quietly said. I bit my lip nervously as I nodded.

  "And it won't." I assured him. He looked up, confusion etched on his face. I continued.

"We'll- keep looking. I guess there has to be something, somewhere. For now, we can only work with what we have."

Stiles nodded, dropping his gaze back down to our intertwined hands. I could practically still see the wheels spinning in his head, since he never seemed to actually stop thinking. Except for when he's kissing me, he's told me. Apparently he can't think straight, but he assured me that was a good thing when you kiss someone.

A small smile etched on my lips, as I lifted our hands, swinging my legs over his. I sat down on his thighs, my legs hanging off the side. Stiles' looked directly up to me, hazel eyes meeting my own brown ones. His eyes hadn't widened, but they were searching my face curiously.

  I kept our hands to the side as I leaned forward, eyes slowly lowering until they completely shut as soon as my lips met his. I felt his body instantly relax, his lips responding to mine as they molded to the curves of my own. When I moved my lips, he followed and did the same. Soft, satin flow of movement against my lips as they craved for more. Speeding up my lips slightly, he quickly got the hint, as he un-tangled his fingers from mine, placing each hand on my hips. My arms wove themselves around his neck.