chapter twelve: [sleep away]

"You cannot judge my choices with out first understanding my reasons."

  Indigo wasn't sure what to think. Just- grab her hands and all of a sudden she'll be able to see what everyone was doing outside of the mental hospital? It seemed ridiculous, but who was she to say, the Vampire Banshee.

   "How does it work?" She asked, for precautions. She didn't care, but she did care about her own life.

 "Basically, I transport your consciousness outside. I'll get you as close to most of them as I can, but I've only learned to go so far as the county line. It will be like watching a movie, almost. And only for so long, it takes strength for me to do this."

  "Then why do it?" Indigo shrugged. "Why put work into someone who couldn't care less about the people she used to be with?"

     Kara sighed contently. "The voices said so."

Indigo groaned internally. "Right. The voices."

     She stared down at Kara's handed, displayed out easily for her. With a deep breath, Indigo raised her hands and placed them down. Nothing had happened.

      Until Kara enclosed her hands.

×

   The trees were swaying, the wind had been blowing so hard. Torrential rain poured everywhere, making a hazy image for Indigo. Branches flew, leaves were scattered, and nothing seemed to be still.

  Kara was right. It was like a movie. Her vision moved and flew over the area, but not to her consent. It was being controlled. Venturing through trees, she spotted a different kind of movement, linear. Someone running. Quickly.

    Following whoever was running, she found a large stump sitting in the middle of open area. Ground had sunken in around it, leaves falling in the holes, wind picking up harshly.

  Indigo saw the person find the open area themselves, holding something. A glint from lightning let her see metal. A metal bat.

   The person running stumbled to one of the holes, taking a quick glance around, giving Indigo a glimpse of the face.

     Stiles.

    He dropped down and disappeared down into the ground, below the tree. Why in the hell would Stiles be down there, Indigo thought.

  Suddenly, she was being throttled down the same hole, seeing the scene in front of her. Chris Argent, Allison Argent, Melissa McCall, and Sheriff Stilinski were all stuck down there. Isaac had his back to the ground above them, holding it. Stiles shoved the metal bat under a large portion, stopping the hole from con-caving.