chapter seven: [better off dead]

"And just like that, he was back. And just like that, he found the place in my heart I left for him."

    Indigo's POV

    The bus breaks squeaked annoyingly as the vehicle came to a stop, our bodies lurching forward. I huffed and gazed out the window to look where we stopped, seeing a teal and pink sign, the words "Motel Glenn Capri" glowing. I furthered to look at the motel and my face scrunched up in disgust.

    Stiles and Scott grabbed their bags while we all hopped off the bus, gathering in the parking lot. Allison and Lydia stood with me, eventually Scott and Stiles joining us. All of them had the same look as I did as they took in the motel.

   "I've seen worse." Scott shrugged. Stiles' eyebrows furrowed, looking over to him.

"Where have you seen worse?" He asked incredulously.

    A shrill whistle blew, making my ears ring for a moment. I glared over to Coach, who didn't even seem to mind he practically destroyed our ear drums.

  "Listen up!" Finstock shouted. "The meet's been pushed to tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and the least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of- degenerates like your selves."

"You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely. And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves."

    People walked to Coach in pairs as they grabbed keys for rooms, walking towards the building. Danny and Ethan grabbed a key, Scott and Stiles grabbed one, and Allison awkwardly took one, looking to me and Lydia.

   "Lydia, you can room. I'll find someone." I smiled, nodding. Stiles' eyes snapped to me, but I quickly looked away.

"Are you sure?" Lydia asked me, softly. Her eyes held concern and I looked to her closer. "Indigo, I don't have a good feeling about this place."

   "I don't think the people who own this place, like this place." Allison tried to chuckle, but Lydia still didn't look too lenient. "But it's just for a night."

     "A lot can happen in one night." Lydia stared off at the motel, motionless.

×

   I ended up with another girl, Kara. She was okay- I guess. Besides barely speaking to me, with the exception of asking which bed I wanted. I couldn't decide if I liked that she was quiet or not.

I sat on the edge of my bed, fiddling with the thin comforter, which didn't seem comfortable at all. The sheets were itchy and the pillows didn't show promise, either.

   "Gross!"

My eyebrows furrowed at the squeal from the bathroom, Kara stomping out with small white cloths, disgust clear in her expression.