chapter ten: [new kind of hunger]

"I can't help this awful energy. Goddamn right, you should be scared of me."

Indigo woke up, her eyes snapping open immediately. She was in a new room this time. The tiled walls barely shined from the minimum light streaming through the small window. She felt she wasn't lying on the metal table from before, but this time, she was lying on a bed. This still wasn't much of an upgrade.

Indigo attempted sitting up, and this time it worked. Although, when she couldn't use her hands to sit up, she looked down at her hands, which turned out to be handcuffed. Rolling her eyes, she thrusted her hands in opposite directions and the metal fell to the floor in two pieces.

She stood up, looking around the room. A small bedside table sat next to the bed she woke up on, and another bed was on the other side, untouched.

Slowly making her way to the door, a square was cut out so she could look out. Bars limited it, but Indigo still peered out. All she could see was a hallway, containing more doors that looked like hers. She also spotted a woman in blue scrubs, making her way towards her with a less than pleased face.

Indigo backed away from the door and she heard the woman put in a key, unlocking it. The large door opened, revealing the hallway to her.

"Visiting time, sweetheart." The woman sighed, stepping out of the doorway, insinuating for Indigo to walk out. With furrowed eyebrows, Indigo peered out and stepped into the hallway. The woman let the door close, the shutting noise echoing down the hallway.

The woman walked forward, not even checking if Indigo was following. She probably didn't care. Indigo followed anyway, keeping pace behind the woman. Her eyes flickered into as many of the doors as she could, attempting to look in to see other patients. Some held someone, some held two people. None of them talking.

Indigo's hearing became annoyed at the scuffling and looked down, to see her feet were causing it. They were dawned in slippers, while her legs were now dressed in grey sweatpants and a faded blue long sleeve.

"Hey."

Indigo looked up, seeing the woman was a little father ahead of her, holding open a door to a new room. She looked further in, seeing a metal table, a chair on either side.

She walked in and the woman immediately shut the door. Indigo looked back to the door and found two men in security uniforms standing on both sides of the door.

"And you're here because. . . ?" Indigo put a hand on her hip, quirking an eyebrow at both of them. Neither of them answered.

  "Or don't answer." She muttered to herself, taking a seat in one of the chairs, which screeched as she moved it out from under the table. She crossed her legs, sighing in boredom. Indigo bounced her foot, chewing the inside of her cheek.

The door squeaked, making Indigo turn around. The two men watched who walked in, and Indigo recognized Stiles walking through the door.

Stiles looked up from his twiddling nervous hands, seeing the girl he'd missed so much. The girl he hadn't stopped thinking about since she had been taken. He couldn't imagine what she'd been through. She looked put together. She looked beautiful to him anyway. Although, he could see the circles under her eyes.

"Hey." Stiles let the smile fall on his face as he walked closer. He wanted to open his arms so bad. But, Indigo still hadn't stood up yet. She didn't even look like she had acknowledged he was in the room. Was she tired?