chapter fifteen: [the return]

" Any hell would be heaven if I went for you."

      Indigo stood next to Allison, gripping onto the archer as if she were still the Indigo they knew before Eichen House. She watched as Sheriff removed his hand from behind his back, revealing a pair of handcuffs dangling in his outstretched hand.

  "You wanna cuff me?" Stiles raised his eyebrows, his voice deep and rough. His face softened to that of an injured puppy. Sheriff took a deep breath and continued off the steps of the loft, slowly making his way towards him.

    "If my son is still in here- if there's still a part of him standing here in front of me, then he'll put these on willingly and he'll come with me." Sheriff continued his steps, holding the unlocked handcuffs with both hands. "Because he knows I'm here to protect him from himself and from others."

    Stiles, head tilted and gaze pointed to the floor, held out both of his wrists, fingers pointed to the ceiling lazily. Sheriff gently placed the first cuff on, locking it before doing the same to the other. He slowly let go of the metal, taking a small step away.

    Stiles' head lifted, his smirk giving it away as he simply stared at Stiles' father, who's shoulders fell.

        "You're not my son."

   Steps echoed behind us, Allison's grip barely letting me turn to see Derek and Chris Argent. Indigo bit her lip to contain herself as she looked back to Stiles, seeing a successful smirk upon his lips. His wrist jutted in opposite directions, snapping the metal cuffs as they fell to the floor in two pieces. He stood up straighter now, no intention of hiding.

    "Stay here, Indigo." Allison looked to her. She nodded in sincerity, keeping her distance. She gripped something in her hand, before walking forward along with the rest of them. Raising her hand, Indigo watched as she pointed a taser at Stiles, clicking the trigger. She jumped in place as he snatched the ends in the air, electricity sparking up and down the wires. He gripped them and yanked them behind his back, tugging the taser gun out of her hands. It looked as if it hadn't fazed him in the slightest.

      The roar of a werewolf sounded, as Indigo watched a confident Derek charge at Stiles. But as soon as he was within a foot of him, Stiles gripped Derek's arm and twisted it behind him, causing a loud roar of pain. Stiles continued to hold his arm in place as he walked forward, slammed Derek's face to the desk. A few steps back and he spun, throwing Derek into a post. His back slammed into the wood, before he fell to the floor.

     A gun was cocked and Stiles had barely turned his head before he saw the aim of the gun pointed at him, Chris Argent behind the trigger. He smirked, slipping his tongue over his lips quickly as he fully faced him. Indigo saw Allison's wide eyes look to her father, then to Indigo, who played innocent and slapped her hand over her mouths, paired with her glistening eyes.

    "Argent, listen to me-" Sheriff lowly spoke, raising his hand in the direction of the man. "Don't do this."

"Why not." He plainly responded. "I've done it before- Werewolves, Berserkers. I can easily add a Nogistune to the list."

     Sheriff raised his gun with both hands, clicking ammo into it. He kept his gaze on the Argent as he aimed the barrel at his temple. Stiles' eyebrows rose and his mouth formed an 'o', the intensity of the room only feeding him more.