chapter fourteen: [new old duo]

"I'm hell on heels. Say what you will, I done made the devil a deal. He made me pretty, he made me smart and I'm gonna break me a million hearts."

  Dressed newly in clothes from the McCall's house, Indigo confidentially strutted down the familiar hallways of Beacon Hills High School. No student was here today, seeing as it was the weekend, but they weren't here to learn.

    Dressed newly in an ancient spirit, Stiles walked next to Indigo, heading directly towards a classroom. It was obvious this wasn't Stiles. There was no misstep; there were no anxious bouncing feet. Just calm and collected strides.

     Both had knowing smirks on their face as they approached aforementioned classroom, stopping for a moment.

    "Remember," Stiles' gruff voice spoke, getting a harsh grip on Indigo's forearm. "You're Indigo. Un-changed Indigo."

"Yeah, yeah." Indigo scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Let's hurry this up, sweetheart. I have better things to do than threaten a substitute teacher."

     Stiles only smirked at her response, knowing he was in luck with her. As soon as he entered the boy's body, it was all he saw. Indigo. For his benefit, Stiles had told no one about the bite. Stiles had told no one that Indigo was different, that she had changed. Drastically. He had kept it to himself in desperate hopes of being able to change her back himself, like an anchor. Although, like in himself, he was losing hope rapidly. It had looked like they were never getting Indigo back.

     Stiles opened the door and shoved Indigo into the classroom, her heels clicking in a hurried manner as she steadied herself, plastering an afraid look on her face as she stepped away from Stiles.

    The male teacher at the front of the classroom looked up from his desk, away from his hands gripping a book he had slammed to the table moments ago.

"Coming in on a Saturday," Stiles spoke tauntingly, slowly walking in as he kept his gaze on the teacher. "That's dedication."

       The man said nothing, only watching as Stiles made his way to the book case in the back of the room, peering into it.

    "Where's she hiding them?" Stiles raised his eyebrows at the teacher, before moving a book to look behind it. When nothing was found, he looked at it in disgust, knocking the book to the ground.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about." The man spoke calmly.

      "Her little knives." Stiles huffed, looking to another book, before knocking that one to the ground. Then another. "Daggers."

       Another book to the ground. "I know what they are."

      "Physical representation of her tails." Stiles picked up a book, opening it as he peered through it. Quirking an eyebrow, he let the book fall through his hands, facing the man at the front. "However the hell that works."

    The man watched as Stiles gripped Indigo at her forearm once more, as he made his way through the desks, seeing her wince. He looked back to Stiles, sighing.