chapter six: [painful car rides]

"If you can't get someone out of your head, maybe they're supposed to be there."

       Indigo's POV

    By now, the second hour of the car ride had taken place. I was in the backseat, flipping through one of the magazines Allison brought along for me. Lydia was in the passenger seat, reading some big book about something smart, and she was already halfway through.

    And Allison- well, she was a driving nervous wreck. Several cars ahead of us, was the large yellow bus of Beacon Hills High School, which contained the track and lacrosse team, since lacrosse had to participate in track so as to keep up their endurance in the off-season.

     I've got to say. This has been the worst car ride I've ever been in. My torso was in extreme pain, due to Scott. He was the one who had been slashed, but my ability so greatly let me be in pain. Blood stained the bottom half of my shirt, some of it turning black. Which meant Scott wasn't getting better.

     The reason he was slashed in the first place was because of me. If I had just not listened to Derek, and told someone earlier, no one would've gotten hurt. If I had told everyone what happened before it happened, we'd all still be here.

        Derek would still be here.

    All of it had come true. The fight, the twins morphing into a super-werewolf, Ennis attacking Derek. Ennis taking him and Derek over the age, both to the bottom of the escalator.

    Both were they laid unmoved.

    I felt horrible. Most of it I knew was anger, because I hadn't saved Derek. Ennis felt like top priority right now. But I also felt horrible because I had let Derek die.

    Him and his pride. Derek just couldn't ask for help, he didn't want any of it. And for it, he was now dead. And it was all my fault. Me telling would've prepared everyone. Scott wouldn't be hurt right now and I wouldn't be bleeding out.

   "Indigo."

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up, seeing Allison glance at me in the mirror, concerned.

   "Are you okay? How do you feel?" She continued, her fingers anxiously tapping the steering wheel.

"Great, aside from the bleeding, the wound, and the crushing feeling of guilt. Other than that, just peachy." I gave a short smile. Allison sighed, looking back to the road. Which, we weren't even moving. Traffic was horrendous.

   "I'm sorry." She muttered, before she took a deep breath. "I just- I feel bad. You're getting the short end of the stick."

  "I'm getting tired." I groaned, correcting her. I unblocked the seat belt and situated my body sideways, laying my head on the seat.

  "Don't even, think, about it." Lydia shook her head. "You're not sleeping with that gaping hole on your side."

"But I'm exhausted. The pain is wearing me out and I can only imagine Scott is feeling the same way." I huffed, shutting my eyes.

      "No, cause first your napping and the next thing you know, you bleed out in Allison's back seat. And there are quite a few of us who would not be happy about that." She smirked, looking back at me. I rolled my eyes, propping my head up with my elbow.