All Your Reasons

Jet's POV

~~~

It took a moment or two for me to truly register what was happening, I'd heard the words but I didn't know what they meant.

Well I did but it didn't seem possible, the bank was being robbed.
How could I get caught up in the middle of a bank robbery?

Why on earth would bank robbers want to come to this bank, there's a much bigger one in the city with a shitload more money.

What did I do to deserve this?
What did anyone do to deserve this?

I can't handle a robbery, I'm supposed to be going to class, not being taken fucking hostage!
I've got ADHD, I'm going to get people killed, I'll start babbling and guns will start going off, I have no doubt.

When I was a little kid I used to get in trouble for my ADHD all the time, I'd get other people in trouble because of it.
I just know it's going to carry over to this situation, why shouldn't it, I'm unlucky, I'm clumsy, I'm everything you don't want in a hostage.

On top of it I can have a big mouth when scared, that's not a desirable thing to have either.

Shit, what if I get Vera killed?
Her parents will never forgive me for as long as I live if that happens, they'll hate me.

What about my parents?
They'll kill me if I get killed, with a rope or a gun or something, I don't bloody know.

I'm supposed to be alive, I'm supposed to go to medical school and get a degree and get a job as a doctor in a hospital.

People were screaming and Vera was clinging to my arm and I could hear her breathing hard, she was more freaked out than me.

"I said get against the goddamn wall!" Despite all the people panicking I managed to keep myself calm and robotically walked towards the wall, Vera following behind me.

"J-Jet," she whispered, her hand clutching me began to shake and I turned to look at her.

"Everything's going to be okay, just don't say anything unless you have to," I whispered back and she nodded, her eyes were starting to look watery, I'd forgotten she cries when scared.

We stood in line at the wall with everyone else, Vera was next to me with the guy who ran the bank standing on my left side.

Trying to not make eye contact with the robbers I slowly lifted my head to look at them.

The white haired guy, the one from the coffee shop was standing there holding a large gun fully decked out with almost every accessory possible.

A large, black, duffle bag sat at his feet, ammunition and other kinds of weapons spilling out.
How did he get all of that in the bank?

"Gee, is there anyone over there?" The white head asked the man that'd managed to get behind the counter.

My mouth fell open at the sight of him, that's the guy I bumped into on my way out of here, he's one of the robbers.
I'm lucky he didn't shoot me.

"Yeah just-ugh, hang on." He leant down, appearing to reach for something or another and there was a shrieking sound from behind the counter.

He straightened, tugging a screaming woman up by the wrist and pulling her out of a tellers booth.

'Gee' had an interesting look about him, long black and blonde hair and I think he was wearing a bulletproof vest over a black hoodie. His nose was turned slightly up, lips pulled into a thin line. His hazel eyes stood out effortlessly against his paler than pale skin.
Then the most fascinating thing was how he managed to look completely innocent despite the gun hanging from a strap around his neck.