Chapter 17

Elara walked into the ball, her arm wrapped around Draco's. he smiled and placed his mask over his face. He kissed the top of her head. She smiled, it was like all the problems of the world were gone. She could walk out in public with her boyfriend. She could kiss her boyfriend in front of everyone. But it was only for tonight, because tonight she po wasn't Elara Dumbledore and he wasn't Draco Malfoy, they were just them; the couple they were behind closet doors and hidden in empty corridor. That's who they were tonight.

"Dance with me

"Dance with me." Elara whispered to Draco and he held his hand out, which she took out without a second thought.

He pulled her close, his arm wrapped around her waist to pull her close to him. She would say her heart skipped a beat, if she had one. She wrapped her arms around his neck and she smiled at him.

He smiled down at her. He could hold her were everyone could see. Even when no one knew it was him, he was glad he could hold her without having to wait. He laid his hand on her cheek and brought her lips to his.

Severus walked around the ball, and seeing this he smiled. He could tell his daughter was truly happy. His little moon had found her sun. He continued to walked around, waiting for his time to speak.

××××××

Elara and Draco were dancing very beautifully. A small group has started to form around them. Elara smiled, she loved people seeing her and Draco as a couple.

"If you would, it is time for the ladies to remove their masks." Severus spoke up.

Elara looked over at Draco, fear was in her eyes. He lightly smiled and nodded his head. Elara took her glove covered Hand and slowly removed her mask. It pulled off her face like it was glued to it. Draco then laid his hand on the arm that he knew she had heartless carved into her arm. She smiled and laid her over the spot were he had the dark mark. They dance like that, more people, including Ginny and the trio, joined the circle. They all wanted to know this mystery person their friend was dancing with.

Draco pulled Elara close before spinning her in a circle and pulling her back to him. His hand rested on her lower back as her hand was behind his neck. And their other hand was holding the others. He dance with such grace, people's interests had reached their peaks.

"Will the men please remove their masks." Draco looked down at Elara.

"It'll put you in danger." He whispered. She raised her hand to his cheek.

"What's with the point, I don't care."

She slowly pulled his mask off, not even a second latter her lips were on his. Severus smiled as others gasped. Ron became angered as his sister smiled. Her best friend had found someone special and she was happy with that.

"Why'd you do that?" Draco asked, looking down at Elara.

"Because I love you." She smiled and he felt his heart stop.

He smiled and pulled her into another kiss

He smiled and pulled her into another kiss. She smiled and looked up at him.

"I love you too, you don't know how long I've been waiting to tell you that."

×××

"Oh she wouldn't go for a git like Malfoy at all." Ron raged at Harry. Harry rolled his eyes in response.

"Look at how happy she is mate." Harry tried to persuade him.

"At the beginning of the year he told all of us, her included half-bloods, like you and her shouldn't even be aloud in this school!" Ron said angrily.

"Ron get over yourself. Shes happy with him." Ginny said, interrupting the two boys conversation. She watched as, said couple slow danced, never taking their eyes off of each other. "I've never seen her this happy. If you ruin this for her. I will hex you into oblivation faster than you can say 'hogwarts'." Ginny then threatened.

"I think they're cute together." Hermione added.

"You've all gone bloody crazy! Shes fraternising with the enemy." He said exasperated.

"If she loves him. I don't think it matters." Hermione said, Harry and Ginny nodded in agreement. Ron groaned.

"How is someone who doesn't have a heart, supposed to love!"

"If you did research you would know they can fall in love, but only once. So if Elara is in love with Malfoy, he's the only person she can ever love in such a way." Hermione added.

"Oh great. So what happens when he leaves her." Ron said sarcastically.

"Well," Elara's voice said from behind him. "My abilities will go into overdrive due to my emotional instability and probably kill me."

Ron whirled around at the sound if her melodic voice, to find her flaring at him.

"I hope you realise I don't care if you approve or not Ronald." She said coldly. She then turned on her heel stomping off... Towards Draco.

×××

Elara looked herself in her Father's classroom. Draco stood there watching her with worried eyes.

"Elly, everyone knows now. You're not going to be safe anymore baby girl." Elara looked at her boyfriend.

"I was never safe, that's the point. Now, I can be happy."

He walked closer to her, he looked at her with love. He pulled her close to him. Her dress still clinging to her body. He smiled at her.

"If I had a heart, I would tell you. You make it stop." He smiled at her words and pulled her into a deep kiss.

"Well, you make my heart stop and skip a beat every time I see you." She smiled and kissed his nose. He smiled and lightly laughed.