Letter Ten:

Dear Mother,

The vacation went well.  Alicia came home looking healthy and at ease.  It seems that she found some kind of healing while she was away, and I'm sure it helped that the hospital called saying that her mother was well enough to go home.  She must have been worried sick before the call.

As for Aaron and my vacation with Alicia's kids, it was great.  Howard, her eight year old, and Lulu, her five year old, are the cutest kids I have ever watched.  Howard really knows how to take care of Lulu when she was acting up, and he was great company when we were playing games.  Lulu happened to be completely opposite of her brother.  She was mostly quiet and shy around us, but once she was away from us and with Howard, she would be so noisy.  Of course, there were times when she was noisy no matter who she was around.

When we packed up and got ready to go, the children didn't want to leave.  They had even grown accustomed to calling us their aunt and uncle.  Aaron and I weren't too happy that we had to leave; nevertheless, we showed up at Alicia's apartment right as she was getting home.

Alicia payed us for the trouble, even though we pleaded with her not to, and then we reluctantly retreated to our apartment.  The reality of our lives rushed back to us when we saw the boarded window, and the fear we felt before the vacation didn't take long to creep back into our hearts.  I hope they find whoever threw that rock into our apartment, and if they don't, I would like to suggest moving from the area.

Love,

          Abigail Kibbins