My Castle in the air....

aroline's POV:

The next few days were simply the best days of my life. Dad was now always with us and working from his home office. While he worked, we studied and then had lunch together, dad's cooking. He loved pampering his two princesses, he would say; me and my new little baby sibling. He always joked that mom got pampered because he had no choice as the baby was in her. But I could see how much he loved pampering her too. 

They would secretly kiss or hug when they thought I wasn't looking or he would find reasons to touch her or her tummy, kiss her there and their eyes would glow with happiness. I knew they were making out a lot. Well they couldn't wait for me to sleep and if I wasn't sleepy, dad would carry her upstairs under the pretext of resting. Which I doubt he let her do. They were both glowing with happiness.

I think I finally had my dream family. Love was always in the air. Mom had accompanied me to my mother's grave on her death anniversary. She had insisted we cook Lily Mom's favorite meal and donate her favorite things. We had gone to church too; a first for me in over 10 years. I never went after Lily Mom had passed away, but now, Mom always took me. 

To meet my mom, she would say and to thank God. It was now an every Sunday ritual which dad too began to follow. I forced mom to take me to her temple once and it was an amazing experience. She made sure I was dresses decently, with my head covered and I walked, slowly, but I walked in to a huge temple complex.

It was surrounded with a beautiful garden and the main temple was made of white marble. It had many brass bells inside. We rang them as we entered in. The priest was chanting his prayers inside the main temple. The Idols were huge and garlanded with big thick fresh garlands. Incense sticks of sandal and rose filled the air with amazing scents and the vibrations of the drums and bells made me want to dance. It was so rhythmic. Everyone was clapping and singing along.

I did not understand the words but the hymn had a happy melody to it. After the hymns were sung, mom took me inside to take the blessing of her favorite God, the Elephant Head Ganesh. He was cute and extremely cuddly. The priest blessed me too and we walked out. We sat in a corner and it felt amazing; peaceful actually. I never knew one could feel like this in a crowd, but here, I did.

After this experience, I forced mom to take me to temples regularly. Sundays was a religious day; church in the morning and then the temple. Mom would cook for her Gods and would make it a point to take me to meet my mother. Sometimes she and Mom would have private conversations too. I wasn't allowed to over hear them. Neither was dad.

My life was totally amazing. I had a few great friends, amazing parents and loads of fun. Being home schooled helped. But I missed something. I missed a man to love me as much as dad loved mom. I too wanted those hugs and kisses, that love that was so obvious between them.

Sometimes, and I apologized to God for it, but I used to get jealous of mom. I was lonely at night while her man couldn't get enough of her. My cell was silent while hers would beep when ever dad missed her, even from the upstairs room. Every night I would kneel by my bed, just like Lily mom had taught me all those years ago and pray. Thanking the Lord for all that I had and apologizing for my sins. I begged Him to give me a man too; to give me true love. I begged every day to give me a man like Dad; to give me love like mom and Dad had.

I begged till the veil covering my eyes was wretched open. I begged till that fateful day my dream house came crashing down.

On that awful day, Dad was worried and tensed all morning. He was absent minded too. As if he would rather be somewhere else. Thinking it was some business worry, we let him be. He was behaving distant from mom too. Weird because in case of tensions, he would automatically lean towards ma, touch her, hug her. But today, he was avoiding her like plague.

Finally the call came. He leapt to pick it up and his whole countenance changed. His eyes grew cold and the smile on his lips was scary, cold and foxy. He finished the call with a cold laughter that rang through the house. Chilling my warm love filled home. "Finally" was all that he whispered.

He turned to mom and beckoned her. "Come here you slut, I want you to take home a message for your grandfather." We blanched at his tone and choice of words. What was wrong with him?

"Ethan?" Mom whispered and he slapped her hard. I got up too. Stunned that dad would behave like an ass. "Dad what are you doing?" I yelled, "Mom is 4 months pregnant." He whipped his head towards me. "And why am I to care?" He asked in a cold tone.

"Tell your Grandfather Rudra that I have finally revenged my sister's death. I have destroyed his business and his granddaughter. Tell him that I won. That my revenge, served cold, has given me all that I ever wanted." He shook mom by her shoulder as she stared at him, stunned and shocked.

"Go to your room slut and take whatever you need in one bag and walk out. Never darken my doorstep ever again. Get that?" He hissed as mom begged him to please reconsider.

I too begged him but he refused as he pushed her towards the steps. I ran to her as she slowly made her way to her room. "What is wrong with you dad? You love mom" I yelled at him.

He laughed a cold heartless laugh. "No Caro, I hate her and her family. I hate them and I have destroyed them, ruined them totally." He laughed again as mom gingerly made her way downstairs; carrying just one old Knapsack. Tears stained her pretty face as she hugged me, “Take care of yourself and your Dad Caro?" She whispered as she walked towards the door.

Dad walked to her and bodily pulled her towards the door. Pushing her out he said," I kicked your family out of their homes too, now I’m kicking you out of mine. Your father was a fool to marry you to me, but he gave me amazing weapons for revenge. Karma is a bitch no? Now you slut listen up carefully, If I ever see your face again, I will kill you Get it? You are not to come near my daughter either or I will finish your child. Am I clear?" He slammed the door on her face and locked it

"Caroline I will destroy her family if you ever try to meet her. Clear?" I nodded and he walked up to his office, laughing with glee.

>>>>>>