No home.

----------

Yes I'm smiling

but don't let it fool you

look into my eyes

I'm broken inside

----------

Harper Pov

The rumble of the truck engine was cut off abruptly but I refused to open my eyes.
I felt my dad exit the truck and shut the door behind him.
I release a breath I didn't know I was holding in.
Then my door was flung open and I fell out face planting the cold gravel floor.
My legs were twisted and entangled in the soft fabric and I yelp in pain.
A mechanical chuckle left his upturned lips as he kicked my side before leaving me to struggle on the floor.

"You have school in an hour" He grunts before slamming shut the door to our new home.
My head falls back onto the ground and an exaggerated sigh escapes my lips.
The sun had begun to claw its way up in the waking sky in its attempts to rid it of the sickly pale crescent.
Smudges of colours were painted across it as if it was a canvas and the quiet sound of birds harmonised with the rest of mother nature's choir of animals . 
I groan to myself before turning my attention to my legs.
After a few tugs, the fabric that one ensnared my legs released them and lay on the weed riddled driveway like a dead animal.
I pull myself up before grabbing the blanket and glancing at my new house.
A wall of thick trees blocked it from onlookers and a small cobble path weaved through the forest leading to the house.
The drive was a mix of gravel and weeds and was slowly beginning to be a part of the landscape. The walls of the house had been made up of rows of dark oak wood helping it blend in with the almost untouched landscape.
The windows were painted with a light green moss colour and plants had grown around the abandoned structure.
Small steps lead to a rotting patio were the front door hung barely to the dead wood frame. Then something caught my eye.
 A small rug welcomed the few visitors that would unlikely turn up at our doorstep.
 It was hard to read because of the mattered mess of fabric but once I read it it made me laugh a little.
'Home sweet home' I snort at the stupidity of the saying.
I have not had a home in years. The last time I remember having a home was when I was 8. This was the day before my mum had died and before my dad began to beat and abuse me.

Sighing I yank open the boot of the old beaten vehicle and pull out the boxes.
Cautiously making my way across the patio I gently push open the door to see my dad passed out on the sofa. I hold my breath and sneak across the room towards the stairs.
One I was up and found a room of my liking i dumped the boxes on the bed and collapsed next to them.
The walls in my room were a pale grey. Cracks sprayed across them but i didn't mind.
 Clouds of mould had gathered in the corners so I opened the windows letting in a cold breeze.
The windows were slightly stiff and a small window seat was placed under the window.
A small smile crept onto my face before he disturbed me.

"YOU GOT SCHOOL IN HALF A HOUR BITCH AND YOU BETTER BE READY!"