Of course...You never do!

----------

Your family

is yours no matter what...

No matter how broken

No matter how small

They are your family

and your theirs.

----------

Harpers Pov

I closed my eyes for a second before taking a deep breath and standing up.
"What do you want Heyden" I growl my voice lower than I thought it was.
"I just wanted to make sure you are okay..."He mumbled smiling a little.
"I'm fine you can leave now," I say flatly before turning around and turning my attention back to the pancakes.
"Who is that?" He asked his head tilted as I twisted around to face him.
"Miko" I frown pulling her into my lap.
"Why is she here" He frowned his eyes slowly turning dark.
"She is with me after I saved her from some guys on the street that killed her family" I growl again as he takes a step forwards.
"She needs to leave," He says eyes wide with some hint of realisation.
"No! She is staying with me" I yell hugging Miko closely.
"You don't understand!"He screams back "She is not human!" He yells again combing his fingers through his hair.
"I DONT CARE! SHE IS STAYING WITH ME AND THATS FINAL!" I quickly stand and shove past him.
"HARPER YOU DONT UNDERSTAND!" He yells again following me.
"THEN EXPLAIN!" I twist around and place Miko behind me.
"Fine..." He sighs combing his fingers through his hair again"She has an unimaginable power that cannot be controlled," He says face straight and empty of emotion "She descends from a mixed race of angels and witches".
"Oh then killing her is a great idea then" I spit sarcasm poisoning  each word.
"YES!" His voice bellowed before erupting into a dangerous silence.
"She is only a chi-"
"A CHILD THAT COULD DESTROY HUMANITY" He cuts me off eyes black with anger.

Silence...

"You sent those men....Didn't you?" My voice shook breaking the uncomfortable silence.
"No-"
"DIDNT YOU!?" I scream as he steps back his face washed with regret and shame.
"Yes..." He mumbled looking at the floor.
"You sent men to KILL this young girls family and HER" I state, my voice low and shaky.
"It was for their own good!"
"You didn't hear his cries!" tears began forming in my eyes "YOU DIDNT HEAR HIM CRYING FOR SOMEONE TO HEL HIM AND NOT BEING ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT! I HEARD THEM DYING" THE CRIES OF OTHER YOUNG CHILDREN, ELERDERLY AND ADULTS BEING SHOT AND BEATEN AND STABBED!" I scream, my voice cracking and tears slipping from the corners of my now puffy eye.
"It was-"
"They shot him in the head after beating him up.Her dad. Right in front of me. In front of his own daughter who would be DEAD if it wasn't for me! They shot me three times and I almost died saving this girl. I'm not letting ANYTHING happen to her. EVER" I finish before picking Miko up and cradling her in my arms.
"Harper listen-"
"No. I have listened and I have made my decision. Miko is staying with me and if you try anything i-i..."
A triumphant smirk curved his lips "Youll do what" He grinned.
"I-I...I'll reject you" I frown staring him dead in the eye.
"NO! I..." He stopped "How do you know about rejection" He growls.
"I know more than you thin now if you excuse me, WE are going to our room, " I say a sly smirk on my face.
"HAR-"
"Don't even try it" I growl once more, this time powerful and demanding before turning on my heels and curving through the maze of hallways to our room.

The doors shut behind me and I laid Miko down on the bed.
"He, sweetie how you doing?" I ask realising what she looked like.
A small gash ran up her pale white skin that was stained with dark brown dirt and her hair was mattered. 
Her eyes were red and puffy and glazed over with tears.
She knew perfectly well what had happened.
"Don't worry" I smile "I will look after you and be your family"
"Thank you" She whispers hugging me tightly.
"Nothing is going to hurt you. Not while I'm here" I say stroking her hair.
We stay like this for a while before I pull back. 
"Now, bath time then food. How does that sound?" I ask and her face lights up.
" I knew you would be happy for food" I laughed getting off the bed and holding out my hand.
"Can I have bubbles" She squeaked nervously.
"As many as you want" I giggle pulling her into the bathroom.
Her smile reached her eyes and a small excited giggle escaped her small cracked lips.
This will be interesting.

------

Little did they know Heyden was watching them through the small crack in the door.

He needed to get rid of this girl.

And fast.