The cliff edge

----------------------------

Pain....

Is the only thing

That makes me feel

Alive....

But that doesn't matter...

because 

I want to be dead....

----------------------------

Harpers POV

My feet pounded against the cracked concrete and bounced off the small houses around me.
He was going to kill me!
My heart raced and I felt bile rise in my throat as I slowly got closer to my doom.
I slowed down as I reached the beginning of the small gravel path.
Slowly weaving through the looming trees a lump started to form in my throat.
The small rotting wood door was already opened.
A small light seeped from the growing space and a tall shadowed figure stood waiting.
His face held no emotion.
His once loving features were chipped from years of pain and were withered down to nothing.
But I knew this already.
He had been like this for years and I gave up the thought of him one day stopping.
That one day he would break his concrete walls and say he was sorry and that he loved me with all  his heart.
But that was something that only happened in movies.
Just like true love.
My heart throbbed knowing no one would ever love me.
That I would never get the chance at having a husband or children or a small chance of having a somewhat normal life.
If I ever had children I would give them everything.
Make sure they knew every second that I loved them.
Not beat them and send them into a never ending spiral of depression.
But that's just me....
He is nothing like me.
"Get in the house" A hint of calmness was laced in his voice.
Every ounce of my body was shaking in anticipation of what he was going to do to me.
Torture.
or....
Death.
Hope began to rise at the thought.
If I died there would be no more suffering.
No more fear of being punished for everything I do.
No more dread every time I walked through the house door.
No more pain from the constant abuse from someone who was supposed to protect me. 
I would be able to see my mum again.
A sudden stinging sensation spread across my cheek and I could no longer breath.
"I NEVER WANTED YOU" His rage induced words flooded my ears.

His hands gripped onto large chunks of my hair.
Small tears escaped my red and swollen eyes at the stinging pain.
Smack....
My head was smashed against the cold brick wall.
Bits of the brick chipped off at the impact and me vision became blurred.
"WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT" His words no longer stung.
My head pounding and I felt a cold liquid running across my head as he threw me aginst the crumbling walls.
Over.
And over.
And over again.
My body was becoming numb and a warm sensation spread across my body like goose bumps.
"I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU" the alcohol was finally taking effects on his brain.
I hope it's slowly killing him.
So he can suffer the pain he has put me through these past years.
I crumpled to the floor and screwed my eyes shut.
He spat pointless insults at my weak figure trying to break my already shattered mind.
My throat was becoming sore as he continuously kicked my stomach.
Every time the air was close to entering my burning lungs he managed to force it out.
"I would help you by ending your pathetic life but I will do something else" His menacing chuckle bounced off the blood stained, cracked walls of a once a most likely happy family home.
But not my family home.
I didn't have one...
Desperately I gulped for air as I felt him leave me there on the floor.
My mind began to wonder and I blocked out his spiteful comments.
 Then it happened.
A strangled scream burst from my lips as a razor like metal object ripped through the flesh of my stomach.
Instantly my hands stretched out to the injured area to be greeted with a cold plastic handle sticking out from my stomach.
A glistening piece of silver was buried in it.
In the distance I heard his panicked words and him slamming the door.
He stabbed me. 
Then left.
He had stabbed his own daughter then left her to die.
Left me to die.
A small sense of relief washed over my dying body.

No more pain.
After this, no one will ever be able to hurt me ever again and I can be with my mum again.
I will finally be happy.
I rested my weak hands on my bleeding stomach.
They were slowly being coated in my own blood and sobs began to rake through my body.
I will die alone unloved and no one will care.
No one will come to my funeral and I will be forgotten and erased from the face of the earth like a piece of dust.
The small amount of strength I had was beginning to slowly diminish and my eyes began to get heavy.
"HARPER" A distant voice yelled, desperation etched every word.
I ignored it.
A small piece of me actually thought it was someone that cared about me but....
I quickly pushed it away.
"HARPER WERE ARE- Holy shit" The familiarity of the voice brought a slight comfort into the situation.
"Harper listen to me okay" Heyden?
"Open your eyes princess" With the little strength I had left I forced open my eyes.
They were quickly met with a big pair of sparkling brown ones.
New tears began to form at someone coming to help.
"Heyden?" My voice was dry and I barely was able to choke it out.
"You are going to be okay" His voice cracked and tears fell from his pleading eyes.
"It hurts" I could barely whisper and my eyes fell shut again.
"I know baby, I know" He slipped his arms under my broken frame and lifts me up.
A strangled cry escaped my lips.
"I want to go to sleep" I cry tears falling rapidly from my cheeks.
"You can later okay but right now you need to stay awake" He pleads.
We emerged through the thick wall of trees and a bright light stings my eyes and they clamp shut.
"Sing me to sleep" I whisper.
"What?" He was confused.
"I want to sleep" I choke out.
"You cant" He snaps in a harsh growl.
"I don't want to be alone anymore" One last tear slipped from my eyes.
"GET THE CAR STARTED" Heyden's voice growled as a chorus of gasps followed.
More people.
Great.
I could no longer cry.
"I will be glad to go," I say in a low whisper.
"You are not going to die, Harper," He says in a slight whine.
"I don't belong here" I whisper.
I felt as if I was being lifted into some sort of car and the sound of an engine forced my heavy eyes open.
I was in some sort of landrover and my head was rested on Hayden's lap.
Two more people were sat panicking in the front but I couldn't quite make out what they looked like.
Again my eyes fell shut and I was to tired and my body refused to open them.
I felt like I was floating.
A familiar warm fuzzy sensation spread across my body and I felt someone begin to play with my hair.
Slowly I reach up and grasp the hand and an electric sensation flew through my body.
My hand fell back to my side but whoever it was kept hold.
They began to rub circles across my palm and a sigh left my lips.
My body relaxed under their touch and they whispered something.
It was quiet and brief but it was there.

I love you, Harper.....

-----------------

So.......

That happened.

But Heyden came to the rescue.

I hope this chapter was okay for you guys.

I hope it wasn't to disturbingly bad or to dramatic or is dramatic good?

I dont know let me know in the comments.

Comment?

Vote?

Follow?

-Tasha xox