Chapter 40

Four months later

"How are you, baby?" I heard a voice, my eyes were still closed.

"I know you are fine since your mommy is taking care of you so well. I promise you when you come in to this world I will take care of you and love you more than your mommy would. But this has to be a secret between you and me, okay baby?" My lips stretched into smile listening to the one sided conversation between Niklaus and the baby.

"I am afraid it's not a secret anymore." I spoke slowly opening my eyes.

Niklaus eyes widened at my voice like a deer caught in headlight.

"Do you talk to baby every day?" I asked him as his hand was placed on my protruding stomach.

"What... NO!" He said defensively.

"Niklaus, stop lying. I know when you lie to me" I mockingly glared at him.

He let out a sigh. "Maybe." He trailed off.

I laughed at his shyness "You look so cute when you become all sweet daddy mode." I told him.

"Now, now love a man would prefer any other word in the entire dictionary than cute. "He said kissing the corner of my lips.

"What another words do you prefer Lord Mikaelson?" I played along.

He acted to think for a while and leaned to kiss my forehead "I would prefer handsome." Then he kissed.

"Dashing." He kissed my nose.

"Charming." He kissed my right cheek.

"Sexy." He kissed my left cheek.

"May be hot." He crashed his lips onto mine.

THREE MONTHS LATER

"What's with all the furrowed brows?" Damon asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing I was just thinking-"before I could continue he cut me off.

"Oh thank god, you are 'thinking'. I thought you are again having a mental make out session with your not-so-charming husband."He said turning his attention back on T.V.

"What?" I felt my cheeks burning in embarrassment. "A. I was just thinking about random stuff. B. What do you mean by 'again'?"

"Oh Rena, I have caught you so many times when you were daydreaming? Your face give it all away." He said winking at me.

Okay may be! Don't blame me, blame my hormones. It's just going haywire these days.

"Why are you here?" I asked because I was not having any sassy reply to his comment.

"Because your not-so-dear husband asked me to keep an eye on you ."He said. Well Niklaus and Elijah left early in the morning for work which they don't tell me what it is. And as for Rebekah , she is with Stefan on some picnic. And yeah, I am still at my home, we didn't shift to our new home as Niklaus thought it would be a great idea to shift after having the baby. Talking of Niklaus, oh god I miss him already! It's been what bloody thirteen hours.!!

"Don't pout. It's not attractive in a woman your age. "He said smirking at me.

"Shut up, Damon. Just watch the cartoon channel already." I snorted.

"Okay Mommy."He mocked me.

I threw the first thing that came in my hand which happened to be a pillow, sadly.

"Ouch. I am dying here." He teased me.

"You are stupid."I laughed at him.

" That's me. Your trusty bodyguard. Calm in a crisis."Damon smirked at me.