so

hOLLY SHITE guys. Introduction to a new character this chapter! He's not all that bad ..

I want The 1975 to release a music video of the song Nana with cute little home videos of Ross's, Adam's, Matt's, and George's relatives.

-

-

-

chapter twelve. the balcony scene.

-

-

There's always that one person that comes around but not as frequent as others to consider them a friend or something. Like you're a plan B to them when they're bored or looking for an escape away from their regular surroundings. People with those intentions deeply upset me —.

FOR SEVENTY-SIX HOURS IN the second to last week of November my dad comes to visit my family from his home in Prague. Which are the worst seventy-six hours I can ever annually encounter alongside Cara with my mother also around.

My father. I don't ever know where to begin when discussing him —

He left my family many years ago to be with an Australian bloke who has a daughter and son, like Cara and I, that are twins. And ever since my dad left our family to settle down and father another family was the day I declared passionate resentment towards him. So, we simply don't get on.

Not that I mind.

He enters my home wearing a wary, small, smile before forcefully pulling I, Cara, and my mother into a hug that smothered me to a death. None of us return the hug –except mom– and the tension between the four of us grows more tense, which doesn't effect me in the slightest.

My mum and Cara had returned back to Manchester specifically for this visit. Mother had returned from Sydney with no luck. She scouted no one, but did discover fabrics to use for her upcoming winter line titled Butter and Frost. I couldn't be the more happy for her achievements and my sisters in the fashion world.

The two have simply broke out of England, making it big in other countries like America and Australia. Only adding more wealth and popularity to their name.

And where does that leave me for and in the future? Time can only tell.

It makes me the more nervous that life is so unpredictable — the only sure thing we know in life is death because it's just all around inevitable. That's a promise made to the human race rather than success and fortune. But my family, except I, have accomplished both.

When greetings are said, luggage is wearily laid in the guest bedroom, and an agreement is established, the four of us go out for a dinner with another posh French theme. This time the menu is written in only the French language -- that I have no knowledge of since I only took Spanish my first year of A levels --. Cara helps me order pancakes by saying in such a confident tone, 'crêpe.' I sink further into my seat, silently.