town

To all of the people complaining about Niall's character being annoying and such, it's not annoying it's realistic. In reality there are people who easily forgive their spouses for various amount of wrongful things they happen to do. It may be annoying but its reality and it's happens, thank you.

-

-

chapter fifty-eight. bdsm means being depressed so much.

-

-

-

SEEING A CITY FOR the first time sends euphoria through you. Like it rushes through every nook and cranny of your bones but it gets exhausting after a while. It's gotten exhausting for me precisely. Which was why I couldn't have been anymore graceful when mum decided it was best for me to catch the next flight out to Manchester whilst she headed to Morocco in order to support Cara for her international Vogue photo shoot.

I made sure to shoot Cara a congratulatory text for the bigger and bigger accomplishments stunning her modelling career. Nevertheless I know I am too tired, mentally and emotionally, to accompany my family to the furthest but most fashionable town in the Northwest of Africa.

Cara's been going through a tough time too lately. The paps have unravelled her breakup with Kendall to the media. A relationship and breakup that was meant to be top secret. A television show caught Cara having a mental meltdown about the discovered news — filming her pent-up anger then showing it to millions and millions of viewers for the so called 'entertainment'.

I haven't watched the broadcast, but a few snippets of the show had said more than enough. Cara's attitude alone says enough too. Although as a popular supermodel my sister is human too— she craves a break and breather like the next average person to the left of her.

Air's Photograph plays through bluetooth speakers when Cara replies with a succinct thank you. One to make someone close to her frown but easily understand the trials and tribulations the public is intentionally putting her through.

HOURS LATER I RECEIVE a surprising Skype call, when I'm eating takeaway, from my best friend and new New Yorker Louis. I grin at the sight of him all blue eyed and pretty. Stubble faced –and why can't I grow my own stubble as I'm ageing too? A piece of hair or two – with glasses resting on the bridge of his nose. But that doesn't widen my eyes in the slightest, this older and newer look of him.

What really gets me, triggers me, is the sight of Dylan walking in Louis's background. Boxer cladded and humming a popular Sia song as Louis blushes and grins at me.

I look at my friend amusingly. "Oi, Dylan," the greeting surprises him since Dylan jumps at the sound of my voice. He didn't notice me on Louis's laptop screen but I see Dylan quite flawlessly at the moment through mine.

The awareness that Louis and Dylan are exclusively dating in New York City bewilders me. Then I automatically think to the tsunami named Zayn, and Louis deserves the best with the world at his shoulders; Dylan can easily, metaphorically, give him that.

Louis and I speak for a while. About everything. It's always good to have someone you can talk to about anything and everything. I'm glad Louis was and always will be that rock, the backbone to help me out through even the briefest situations occurring. I hope the feeling is reciprocated because long term friendships matter the most. To me.

"Y'know," Louis begins. A sigh as disappointingly as the ones I've released this current hectic month. "I'm disappointed about the news of you and Harry." Louis reflects off of the story I've recently told him about, myself and Harry's abrupt but expected breakup. Nothing lasts forever most would say.

I only nod at Louis, still wordlessly. "Explains why I've seen him in the tabloids with a famous blond haired bloke the other day," Lou tells me.

I nod again. I've seen the photos and reports beside ongoing news and articles about my older sister on an airplane in a magazine coming home. The mysterious duo leaves me frantically speechless — the tabloid photos don't show the man and Harry being affectionate. Some magazines are existent to stir up trouble. I've never really paid them quite the attention they've never deserved.

The topic of Harry I quickly brush off. If he's desired to move on he should, I'd commend him. "Psychology says," I say to Louis. His eyes lock with mine as he gives his undivided attention to only me. "The brain has more interest in the heart. It takes a heart four weeks to let go of the one you decided to leave behind, but if your brain still thinks of that person it's true love."

Louis stares at me bewilderingly. "I think about Zayn from time-to-time," he confesses to me, and it isn't the worst of the worst confessions I've recently heard. There's a silence before Louis adds, "But I can guarantee I resent Liam and Zayn with a besotted passion." I exhale a laugh but I nod in agreement.

"If you love someone, their happiness means a lot to you. Even if their happiness isn't you," I tell Lou. If I'm honest Harry's moving on doesn't make me the slightest relieved especially since the promise we, once again, agreed on. I'm not purely mad about Harry's moving on; I'm just upset I haven't gotten the chance to encounter the experience like he is.

"Y'Know Niall," Louis's words retrieves me from my thoughts. "You should take up psychology when you decide to go to university next year."

"I'll make a note of it," I agree with a simplistic nod. Maybe being a psychologist or even a psychiatrist could be my destined fate and role in this perpetual, ongoing, sleepless world.

-

-

-

-