k?

Did I ever mention Harry's age in this au? If so, and I'm a bit off, I apologise.

-

-

-

chapter forty-two. brera, milan.

 brera, milan

-

A SWEATY AND DRAPED arm lays across my naked waist the first thing next morning. The alarm to my phone sounds out and continues to play throughout my bedroom, awaking myself more along with Harry. His face is prominently alarmed but realisation washes over him because he leans over to peck me on my lips.

His lips are a bit chapped nevertheless soft and that warm feeling arises. Slips through my pores into my bones, warming my insides with a rare sunlight you can only discover in someone. Whom passes it onto another someone and another and another until everyone, soon, become walking sunshines on every part of the universe.

"We have a flight to catch," I say breaking the kiss as Harry nods understandingly. We both ready with a shower together then dress simultaneously before catching a taxi to the local airport.

MUM IS THE FIRST person we see when our plane lands hours later in Italy. Excitement written all over her face when our assigned car drives us to our hotel in Brera — a ten minute distance from the fashion catwalk that takes place tomorrow.

Her hands open for an offered hug that I immediately walk into. Yearning her soft touch and soft voice and all of the soft characteristics that makes up a whole of my mother's personality.

"Congratulations," I say into her ear contently. She genuinely thanks me, a twinkle and a gleam in her eye that narrows me in emotionally.

My mother, then, goes to hug Harry. They whisper inaudible words into each other's ears briefly. It causes Harry's cheeks to brighten. Soon they detach and my mother tells us about the upcoming dinner tomorrow she's planned for Harry's birthday. Content warms my bones because my mother hasn't forgotten Harry's special day in the past years.

Afterwards we settle into the beautiful hotel room my mother booked for us. With one bed by the way -- thanks mum --. A large balcony that overlooks an entire village. A room with a whole white aesthetic and fluffy robes and glass doors and a miniature refrigerator and – and that's exciting. I hope the entire time in Italy is too.

With a few hours to ourselves, Harry and I agree to order a cheese flavoured pizza for dinner. I'm almost sure it'll taste delightful because we're in the origin of its creation, Italy. Where we are. And it does unsurprisingly as Harry sits beside me on focused on his phone and I, I munch on the remainder of the fancy-looking pizza pie.

Then Harry abruptly cheers with excitement. Nearly pouncing on top of me, as he did the night before. The gesture causes me to splutter whilst doing a concerning double-take because, when is Harry ever this excited? Smiles occasionally cross his face. And his cheeks heat different shades of pinks and reds when there's a blue moon out and shining.