take

chapter forty-nine. coming to america.

-

-

MUM IS GONE TOO. She leaves to fulfil her duties -- customers orders for her presented fashion line -- in New York City. One of the biggest places whom have a heart and passion for trendsetters of fashion. Even bewildering trendsetters walking the concrete paved streets regularly.

Speaking of New York City, from the updates of my older sister on her social media fandom accounts and such, she's looking into buying a flat in the same habitat. The christening city filled with numerous skyscrapers. She wants her future flat to surround that scenery. Because Cara is going to age a year further to twenty years old now, and she wants to settle on her own as an adult. And that's her, apparent, first step to adulthood.

Her very own words. "It's time to settle on my own. Without kids but with slags." Then she laughed to herself wholeheartedly.

The month of April consists of universities still for students but myself. The one perk for my decision in taking a year off is not cramming in applications for any university's free spot before the fall arrives. I have some time to decide what and where I want to be the following fall, so I have days and months and years to think and finalise.

And I don't think because I'm lying in bed by myself. Comfortable and relaxed and this is the first time I've felt so positive simultaneously — tranquil. That is, until, my phone rings throughout my bedroom abruptly. Then I'm blindingly answering it because my eyes are gazing into my ceiling instead of into my cell phone screen.

"Hello, baby," chills run down my spine at the raspy greeting.

The best part of being away from Harry is the similar time zone we share. Simultaneously we experience morning, noon, and evening with one another. Which is an actual plus because there's no rollercoaster of emotions waiting to happen from a three, five, seven hours difference. No Harry's today and I'm tomorrow kind of nonsense.

That pro already releases past anxiousness — a smile appears on my lips at Harry's raspy voice rambling into my ear about nothings. Some events that he's encountered in the matter of days, like since we've last conversed through the phone. He complains about assertive photographers, laughs about the comical photo snappers, and I listen thoroughly. Because it's better to hear and listen more than just hearing at all.

So I do both. Whilst fixing myself a peanut butter and banana sandwich for my late breakfast, sloppily. Because I cannot multitask since it's the near impossible.

What else is impossible is not being able to feel Harry in my proximity. It's impossible not to miss him dearly. The phone and video calls can only do so much.