of

Isn't it insane that Anobrain went from 900 reads to four thousand?! You guys are hella af man. i can't put it into words.

-

-

-

chapter forty. surprising event(s).

-

-

IT TAKES ONE MONTH for everyone and everything to simmer and settle down. And it all had to in the month of January, precisely the same day Zayn scheduled a birthday party for himself. And since Zayn and I have no determination to resolve our friendship and Louis practically despises Zayn's regular breathing pattern, we weren't invited to the extravaganza.

Typically I wouldn't care about an invite I've never received, habitually I wouldn't. But Harry was invited to the birthday party, and so was Liam. That -- that I cared a lot about.

Though, I didn't care for the frequent reassurances Harry continuously gave me everyday for the past week.

I didn't care for accompanying Harry to find a birthday present for Zayn.

And I definitely didn't care for Harry abruptly departing to help Liam and Zayn set up his birthday party.

Luckily, I have plans with Louis.

I haven't seen him much around school because he's perpetually busy with contacting universities. It's a constant balance between that and schoolwork, so he rarely ever has time to hang around with me. Not that I minded, however. Louis's future comes before a brief and interim fun time.

The hazelnut coloured brunet steps foot into my lounge, casually. Louis has always had this contagious witty demeanour about himself. I automatically laugh at him before he utters any words. "Tomorrow is Satan's birthday and tonight he's throwing a party," is the first thing he says to me.

I heave a dramatic snort. "Did you wish him a happy birthday?" It's a curious but serious question.

Louis scoffs. A solemn look appears on his face causing his entire facade to quickly dissipate. Louis throws himself onto the couch beside me, exasperatedly. "I'm gonna miss the bastard so much when I leave," he muses more to himself than I.

My bottom lip juts out for Louis sympathetically.

He's going to the Americas sooner than expected, already promised an acceptance to the school he visited over Christmas break. Although Louis is going to be far, I can't help but be happy for him. The boy who once dreamed of pursuing fashion in New York City, gets to experience that part of his dream. One that's soon becoming a part of reality for him.

He rambles on enthusiastically about it. I inwardly allow him to whilst I skim through websites in search of a birthday present for Harry's upcoming birthday. A birthday that's making an appearance sooner than a month.

And we've spoke briefly about the plans for him. More as I listened to Harry repeatedly tell me no birthday party nor expensive gifts or big surprises, because Harry absolutely hates surprises. They make him feel excluded from everyone else's knowledge. But these rules only made it easier on myself.

"What are you doing?" Louis peers over my shoulder curiously. He's another person that hates feeling excluded from others. Before I'm able to answer Louis waves me off nonchalantly. "Present shopping for Harry, someone I knew you'd end up dating."

I feel the heat from my cheeks flush at Louis's words. They only redden when he asks, "Have you guys had sex yet?" As a defence mechanism I shove Lou away from me, playfully.

He takes my gesture as a tacit answer to his thoughts. An invisible light bulb flashes over his head. "Give him that for his birthday!" Louis suggests.

But I croon. Over-dramatically like an upset baby who's cranky and uncomfortable and irritated. However the thought stays with me -- like a tip you receive from someone reliable. Louis is my reliable source in a situation like this.

IN THE MATTER OF days progression is made for Harry's special day. I bought jewellery pieces that can go with the new collection of rings and chains Harry has recently taken an interest in. The purchase is thoughtful. I've also been planning a special night, just in case there's a possibility that mature events can take place. Ones that haven't appeared in about five years now.

I'm a bit on edge about that. Lacking experience since I was fourteen years old. More than four years ago with Harry, and it might be again with Harry. The thought has more reality than fantasy whilst I have more hesitance than determination. I try not to show that on the video screen with my mother's face smeared upon my sight.

She's relocated to Milan for an upcoming fashion week. Finishing the last touches of her clothing line for the appearance she's making there. My mother is also buzzing about the seven models shes recently scouted and Kendall and Cara agreeing to model her fashion line on the Italian catwalk.

Announcements like these are the reasons why I'm always happy for my family's achievements. Despite the cons that come with them -- abrupt absences, early departures, brief catching ups etc,.--. Still, disregarding the heartbreak, content warms my bones. That is until my mum stops speaking so abruptly.

"Nilly," she boldly says. "Did you not hear anything I just said?" Honestly I shake my head causing a tiresome sigh to past through my mother's burgundy coloured lips. She mumbles something about teens being easily distracted nowadays, and she isn't exactly wrong about that.

"I asked if you and Harry aren't busy, you'd like to attend the fashion show here in Milan," she repeats herself. "I know it's short notice but --"

A wave of excitement flows through me, whatsoever. I find myself immediately agreeing to the plans, not for Harry but for myself. It's always great to see what my sister and my mother do behind the scenes in the fashion world. Plus it's rare for my mother to even ask of me to attend events like these supportively for her and Cara.

"When is it?" I intensively question her.

A kind smile brushes her face when my mother answers, "The first of February." She elicits an excited cheer whilst clapping her hands together simultaneously. And -- and I almost want to celebrate with my mum virtually. Almost.

There is this disappointed sigh I have to suppress — already knowing this fashion show is going to set back events I've planned for Harry's birthday. Whether he decides to attend Milan with me, or not.

-

-

-

-