Chapter 2

Gohan sighed as he stared at the baby sitting in front of him, chewing one of his toys as he stared back at the teenager. Gohan frowned at the thought of having a baby sibling. His mother had told him the news a few weeks back, though he did feel another Ki signature coming off of her, he had hoped that he was mistaken. It had been a little over three months since the Cell Games, when his father died, the woman was so excited for a new arrival that she completely forgot about her husband's passing. She was so busy preparing for his sibling that she often forgot she had another child, though Gohan knew she was just trying to distract herself.

He was happy yet upset at the same time of her forgetting about him, he now didn't need to listen to her constantly nagging at him to study and other things, though he still did it on his own. He desperately craved some of her motherly love and attention, though she would often just brush him off and tell him to go do something and that she was to busy. He was currently at Capsule Corporation playing with Trunks. His mother had come along and went baby shopping with Bulma. He sensed Vegeta come closer as the prince had been standing in the doorway for quite some time now. He looked up as the man stood before him, demanding that he train with him. Gohan felt himself sigh again as he looked down at the floor, preparing himself for the consequences of what he was about to say.

"I'm watching Trunks, Vegeta. I can't leave him," Gohan said, using the excuse of watching Trunks instead of telling the prince the truth.
"I don't care, give the boy to the woman's mother," Vegeta said, growing rather impatient.
"I promised Bulma I'd watch him," Gohan said weakly.
"I said give him to the woman's mother! Now get up and go give the boy to her and go to the Gravity Room! Now!" Vegeta said, irritated.
"I don't want to, Vegeta! Get that through your head and leave me the hell alone!!" Gohan yelled, feeling his Ki flickering violently as he stood and stumbled away from the prince, who was quite shocked by the youngers outburst, but refused to show anything.
"Boy-" Vegeta started, but was cut off as Gohan ran out of the room and the house, flying away from the older.

Vegeta looked in the direction of where Gohan had ran off to before turning around and staring at his son, who smiled at him and started talking, trying to say a few words, though the baby failed. Vegeta frowned at the purple headed boy, who continued to chatter on with his father. Vegeta sighed quietly and picked the boy up and watched as his son started giggling at him. He held Trunks more comfortably and turned to take him to Bulma's mother, but stopped when he felt his mate's Ki signature nearby, knowing that she was coming home with Gohan's mother. Good. He needed to tell that woman to have a serious talk with her brat about his manners. He waited a few minutes when the two woman entered the house, chattering away happily.

Bulma stopped short when she noticed Vegeta with Trunks, confused as to why the prince would rather have the boy when she had asked Gohan to watch him.
"Vegeta? Where's Gohan?" She asked, glancing around for any sign of the boy.
"The brat left, you need to teach that boy some manners," Vegeta stated as he looked at Chi-Chi briefly before handing Trunks over to his mother.
Chi-Chi frowned, wondering why Gohan would be disrespectful. She was pulled out of her thoughts when Bulma's mother entered the room, insisting that she stay for lunch. Chi-Chi did have a wonderful time that day and was very tired by the time she got home. She placed the food that Bulma's mother had given her for Gohan on the kitchen counter, quickly writing a note and placing it by the food, she retired back to her room, not noticing that Gohan wasn't home.

It wasn't until the following day that Gohan returned, later in the afternoon. His mother was sitting at the kitchen table, waiting for him. The moment he stepped foot in the house, she instantly started shouting at him for being late and disrespectful toward Vegeta, saying how she had raised him better. Gohan wasn't necessarily listening to what she was saying, he just felt happy that he was finally getting some attention from his mother, even if she was scolding him.
"You hear me?! You are grounded, Gohan!!" She said, not noticing the distant look in Gohan's eyes.
"But mom-" Gohan tried to defend himself, but his mother wouldn't listen.
"No! Go to your room and study, Gohan! Now!" She yelled.