Chapter 17

Goku sighed in relief when he sensed Buu leave the lookout. His friends were still there, but Chi-Chi. His thoughts trailed off. He knew he could bring her back with the dragon balls, so he didn't think much of it. He allowed himself a brief moment to grieve the loss of his mate, but the reassurance of the dragon balls helped him to not dwell on it any longer than necessary. He did wonder, however, why Buu left the lookout. He didn't sense anyone of his friends raising their power levels, so who could possibly have saved them? Maybe, they reasoned with Buu? No, there's no reasoning with a monster like that. Wait! Maybe Gohan had something to do with it? He could sense the boy, but ever since he first met Gohan, who, at the time, they thought was an imaginary friend of the boys, he could sense the boy nearby, although only faintly.

"This is the last one, Kakarot," Vegeta said as he flied over to where Goku was floating in the air. Vegeta placed the dragon ball into the bag that Bulma's father had given them.
"Alright!! Let's head back and wish Gohan back before Buu goes there again!" Goku yelled enthusiastically.
Vegeta grabbed a hold onto Goku's shoulder as Goku place his pointer and middle finger to his forehead, concentrating, they disappeared, reappearing right in front of their group of friends.
"Goku!" Krillin yelled, happy to see his friend again.
"Goku, Chi-Chi, she-" Bulma started.
"I know, but it's okay, we'll just wish her and everyone who Buu killed back to life, but first, we need to defeat Buu," Goku said, smiling at Bulma.
"Alright let's-" Dende got cut off.
"Mommy? Where are you, mom?" Goten asked, looking around for his mother. The others tensed, not knowing what to do.
"Hey there, squirt, come over here," Goku said, kneeling down. Trunks followed after Goten, looking a lot more relaxed.

"Goten, I-this isn't easy to say, but your mother is dead," Goku stated, his voice and eyes soft. Goten's breath hitched in his throat, tears coming to his eyes.
"What? But there's no way! No way is mom dead!!" Goten cried, almost screaming in grief.
"Goten, please-"
"I want my mommy!!!" Goten wailed.
"Enough!! There's no time for this! We need to train so that we can defeat Buu and wish your mother and everyone Buu killed back to life! Stop crying Goten!!" Goku yelled. Goku yelling at the little boy only made Goten cry harder. Goku sighed harshly, opening his mouth to say something, but was cut off when he suddenly got punched, hard. Blood and spit flew from Goku's mouth as he was sent flying backwards, skidding to a halt a few feet away.

Gohan stood there, arm still raised from when he punched his father in the stomach. Gohan was angry, absolutely livid and it was easily seen on his face as he glared viciously at Goku.
"Give him a minute to mourn, he just lost his mother, you bastard," Gohan seethed, his teeth clenched as he tried to hold back his anger and not lash out. Goku stared at Gohan, one eye clenched shut as he struggled to sit up. Gohan turned his back on the man and disappeared once more. Gohan crouched down in front of Goten, a reassuring smile on his face. Though, Gohan was still slightly hurt from the betrayal he still feels, he did promise the boys that he would protect them, and Gohan always keeps his promises. Placing a hand on the boys shoulder, he gained his attention.

"It's going to be alright," Gohan said softly.
"B-but I miss mommy," Goten sniffed, tears still rolling down his red cheeks.
"I know, but like your father said, you can just wish her back with the dragon balls," Gohan said reassuringly.
"R-really?" Goten asked, unsure.
"Yup, now, you have to train hard so that you can defeat Buu and wish mom back, okay?" Gohan said, a smile still on his face.
"Okay," Goten said, his sadness replaced by determination.
"Good, that goes to you to, Trunks. Train hard and save the world," Gohan said, turning to the boy.
"Uh, yeah! But, aren't you going to train with us?" Trunks asked.
"Please, brother!!" Goten begged, eyes wide.
"I-" Gohan got cut off.
"Yeah!! We can just wish you back with the dragon balls now then you can help us fight Majin Buu!!" Trunks yelled, jumping in excitement.
"I don't know," Gohan hesitated.
"Please, Gohan," Goten begged again. His determination and excitement quickly slipping away, replaced by fear and sadness.

Gohan sighed harshly, hanging his head, it was silent.
"Alright," Gohan agreed after a moment of hesitation.
"Yes!! Whoohoo!!" Trunks cheered, jumping and floating in the air as he celebrated.
"Thanks, Gohan," Goten thanked quietly before he, too, celebrated with Trunks. Gohan's eye twitched at the name.
"Did he say yes?" Bulma asked.
"Yeah!" Trunks answered cheerfully while nodding vigorously.
"Good, sommon the dragon, Namekian," Vegeta ordered, staring pointedly at Dende.
"Right!" Dende answered while nodding, running and grabbing the bag with the dragon balls in.

Throwing them all out, Dende briefly watched as they rolled around. He held his hands above them before yelling.
"Eternal Dragon, by your name I call you forth, Shenron!!"
The sky turned pitch black, no stars or moon in sight as the dragon balls glowed. The eternal dragon appeared out of the balls, hovering high above the group, he stared with his blood red eyes.
"You have summoned me, I will grant you two wishes. State your first wish," the dragon spoke in it's deep voice.
The group stared, mesmerized before Dende spoke.
"Eternal Dragon, I wish for Son Gohan to be brought back to life!!"
"It shall be done," the dragons eyes glowed briefly before Gohan appeared, standing at the very back of the group.
"Your wish has been granted, state your second wish," Shenron said.

"We don't have any other wishes right now, Shenron," Dende said.
"Very well, I shall go, farewell," Shenron spoke before he returned back into the dragon balls. The balls raised from the ground before they were shot into different directions, only to be found again in four months time. Gohan sighed, not happy about being back.
"Gohan!!" Goten yelled, running and jumping on his brother, hugging him tightly.
"It's good to have you back, son," Goku said, a small smile on his face.
Gohan stared at the man, not knowing how to react.
"Gohan, I would like for you to come train with me, if that's alright," Shin said, walking to the front of the group. Gohan sighed as he placed his little brother back on the ground.
"Yeah, sure," Gohan answered, walking to where Shin and Kibito stood.
"I might not see you again, Gohan. Goodbye, my son," Goku spoke gently. Gohan wanted to scoff and brush the man off, but knew it would not only hurt his father's feelings, but also his brother's.
"Yeah, I'll see you in other world, father," Gohan said before the three of them disappeared. Goku hoped that all this training was going to work, so that they could all live on as happy as possible.