Chapter 10- Crystal

Rey's POV.

Even though its been two months scince he left, I can still picture his face perfectly in my head. I need to see him.

I headed to train with Luke. We've been working on my flying for the past month. I've improved a lot if I do say so myself. I've got it down, it just needs to be a little bit more smoother.

"Hello, Master Luke."

"Ah, Rey."

"Do you want me to start off with flying?"

"Yes, that would be great."

I nodded and laid my arms down towards the floor. I lifted my self off the ground. This time I did it very smoothly. I twirled in the air and did a flip, then went back down. "How was that?" I said with a smirk on my face.

"You're ready."

"What?"

"You're ready to become a Jedi."

I was so shocked, I was speech less. Already? A Jedi? It was hard to contain my excitement.

I nodded and tried to act serious. "Yes, Master." I smiled. I wanted to give him a hug but I never have hugged him before.

"You will get your crystal tomorrow."

Jedi crystals produce the light of the Jedi's light saber. Every light has its own meaning. The Jedi doesn't pick the crystal, the crystal picks the the Jedi. I am nervous if the crystal's black or red for me.

I nodded and and started walking towards the door.

"Rey."

I turned around instantly. "Yes?"

Luke walked to me and then hugged me for the first time. I couldn't help but smile. I didn't realize it till now, but I am the only padawan of Luke's that actually worked out. This makes me feel special.

Luke let go of me and put both of his hands on my shoulders. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being my first success."

I smiled. "You're welcome."

And with that I went to my room and went to sleep.

--

I got up earlier than I usually do because I couldn't sleep. I was really nervous about the crystal.

I met Luke in the room that we always do so we could go to Anch-to, where the cave is, together.

"Are you ready?"

"Of course."

It might sound like I lied, but I didn't. Ever since I found out about the crystals, I've always been curious about to see what color would be mine and now I get to find out.

--

When we finally got there it was almost dusk. You could see the bright, orange sun going down.

I followed Luke to the cave. When we got to the cave we starred at it for maybe ten seconds and then finally Luke spoke. "Okay, Rey. This is what you need to know when you go in there." I nodded and listened closely.

"All those crystals in there, will melt in your hand, except for one. The one the doesn't melt, it will be yours."

"But, Master, how will I know which one to choose?"

"It will... Call to you."

"How long will it take?"

"Depends. Some last five minutes, others last an hour, some last in between. Jedi's who are more... Complicated, last longer. Jedi's who are more easy to figure out are shorter. See what I mean?"