Chapter 11

Isabelle's P.O.V

I got home and flopped onto my bed. After cliff jumping, we had spent the night roaming around different campsite parties and I'm pretty sure I consumed my weight in alcohol. I'm sure I did, because I spent the whole way home puking up nothing but a variety of different color liquid that sure as hell looked like the alcohol I consumed. It didn't help that I got stuck in the boys car after a failed game of rock paper scissors and Nathan drives like an idiot and Brayden spent the whole ride pretending to gag to make me puke.

On the bright side, Nate felt bad for me and bought me some saltine crackers at one of the gas stations we stopped at. I barely remember what happened last night other than the fact that I had to be carried to bed, which was embarrassing. Everyone else was in fine shape this morning, obviously, all of them know how to handle their alcohol. I rolled over and prepared to sleep until tomorrow. I was just beginning to fall asleep when my phone began ringing. I flipped back over and looked at the call display. Once I saw it was Anna I answered it.

"Hello," I said in a tone that sounded half asleep. "You cannot be sleeping already? Belle, it's only three o'clock." Anna said with a sigh. "Anna, I am hung over and spent two hours locked in the car with the boys," I said bitterly. "And Nate," She had a point. "Anyway, what's up?" I asked, knowing there had to be a reason for her to call. "I was wondering if, you, me, Nate and Nathan could double date." I sat into an upright position on my bed. "Wait he finally asked you out?" I said with as much excitement as I could muster with a hangover. "Not exactly." She said in a mumbled tone. "What do you mean not exactly? Anna, please don't drag me into one of your crazy plans. Liz and Spencer are still not talking and Natasha is still pissed at the boys for forgetting her at the gas station, I don't need any more friends being mad at each other." I said in the nicest way I could.

"Look, I just need you to pretend like you're super nervous about the date and asked to make it a double." She said pleadingly. "Anna I just don't understand how that helps you? He's still going to think you're asking him as a friend." I said trying to make her see this was a horrible idea and would only end in heartbreak. I really didn't want her to get hurt because it seemed to be the running theme this weekend. "I don't know but I'm just hoping it will make him see me in a different light. Please, Belle." She pleaded again, and I sighed. "Alright fine, but please be careful." "You are the greatest friend anyone could ask for!" With that, she hung up to call who I assumed was Nathan.

***

I woke up the next morning to Anna texting me the details of the date, which apparently she had planned while I had been fast asleep. Before I could respond, she barged into my room. "We need to go shopping." She stated and crawled into my bed beside me. "Um, why?" I asked. Looking out my window, I could see it was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. "Belle, the date is on Friday!" "Exactly. It's supposed to rain Wednesday, why don't we go then?" Anna shook her head in response. "If I don't find the right outfit Wednesday, I would need to go out of town to the other mall on Thursday and if I don't find something then, I will be doomed," Anna said in a melodramatic tone. "You're being over dramatic," I said and got up from my bed.

She gave me a pout. I sighed, she wasn't going to let the thing go. "Fine, just give me a bit to get ready. Did you invite the other girls?" I asked as I made my way to my bathroom, which was adjoined to my bedroom. "I did, but only Liz and Natasha can come." She said as she picked at her nails. "That's odd, what's Taylor doing?" Taylor didn't have a job because she spent most of her days having to watch her younger brother, but her mom worked from home Monday's so she was usually free. Anna shrugged, "I don't know, all she said was she was busy." Hm, that's weird. I shrug, I'm sure it was nothing.

After I had finished getting ready we headed over to Liz's place to pick her and Natasha up. They slid in and Liz instantly began discussion her argument with Spencer. "Like what right does he have to tell me who to date? Not that I'm going to date that Greg guy, I'm just saying." She huffed out. I sat quietly and listened intently as she ranted on. "And what was with him telling me that what I was wearing was inappropriate? Who is he my father?" at this point she was waving her hands around trying to make her point. "Anyway, I'm not speaking to him unless he gives me an explanation." She let out a breath and sat back, thankfully done with her rant. No one spoke for a minute, unsure of what to say to avoid setting her off. Luckily, we arrived at the mall before we had to.