Chapter 3

Chapter Three

I rolled over in my bed and looked at the time. 9:30 am! I should of been ready and gone by now. The girls were going to kill me! I heard my cell phone buzzing. “Hello” “Late again” Anna said. You could tell she was smirking. “Yes, I’m sorry! Don’t worry we will still have loads of time to shop.” I say as I run around my room picking something to wear. “Oh we all planned for this, so really shopping was planned for 10:30” She laughed a bit. “I’m just brushing my teeth then I’m leaving” I said goodbye and hung up. 4 minutes later I jumped in my car and drove to Anna’s house. “Hey” I said as Anna slid into the car. “Hey, you can go straight to the mall, Liz and Taylor will meet us there.” Anna smiled and checked herself in the mirror. She had her hair pulled into a side braid and was wearing a floral summer dress. I turned up the radio to an upbeat song. “Oh, I love this song!” Anna yelled over the radio and began to sing. 

“Belle, can you stick to one radio station for a whole song” Anna smiled and smacked my hand away from the radio as I was about to change it to the country station. “Stop touching, the rules of shot gun is that the person in the shot gun seat gets to choose the music” “Such unfair rules” I rolled my eyes at her. “So” I said and gave a shy smile at Anna. “So what” Anna said now trying to avoid my gaze. I could see a blush creeping on her face. “You know what! You and Nathan spent half the night talking quietly to each other” “Oh well I don’t know I mean we spent half of those conversations talking about plays for football. How is that romantic can you make football plays?” Anna threw her hands up in frustration. “Don’t get me wrong he’s cute but all he does is treat me like he would Sam and Brayden. One of the boys.” Anna said her tone sounding more angry now then frustrated. “Well maybe he just doesn’t know what else to talk to you about? I mean have you ever tried changing the subject to something other then sports?” I gave a small smile. “I mean he could be just nervous and doesn’t know what to say.” “I guess thats true, I will try that next time.” She gave a hopeful smile. I turned the radio up as my favourite Tim McGraw song came on. 

***

“Does this look okay?” Liz turned from the mirror and smiled. We had only been at the mall an hour and Liz had basically bought a whole new wardrobe. “It looks great but do you not think you have purchased enough clothes for today?” I smiled and looked down at the twenty bags I was holding for her while she was trying on this dress. “Yes, but this is my final purchase and besides we need to find you an outfit for tomorrow.” Liz closed the changing room door. I headed off to find Taylor and Anna. Maybe they could help take some of Liz’s many bags. I found them looking at the cute sundress I had been eyeing earlier. “There you are! We were just about to find you” Taylor smiled and moved away from the dress. “We think you need to buy this to wear tomorrow” Anna ran her hand down the dress. Taylor pushed the dress in my hands and dragged me to the dressing rooms. She pushed me into the changing room and shut the door on me. “Try it on! No if’s ands or buts” Anna said through the door. I took off my clothes and slipped the dress on. The dress felt silky against my skin. It was a strapless cotton top the bunched under my chest. It had a sweetheart neckline and was black. As it flowed down just above my knees it turned into a silk fabric in a tiffany blue color. It was beautiful and I thought I looked beautiful in it if I was being honest. The only problem was that it was strapless and at a beach party that would be hard to be comfortable in. There was no way I was not buying this dress. It was way to gorgeous to pass up. I would just have to save it for something special. Besides I did not have anyone to impress at the beach party. 

I walked out of the change room. The girls all looked at me with questioning eyes. “Well I loved it!” I said with a smile. “I’m getting it, but I’m not wearing it for the beach party” The girls looked at me in shock. “What?” “It’s just with that new guy coming, we figured you would want to dress up” Taylor said with an uneasy smile. “Why would I?” They were worrying me. They all wore the same uneasy look. I could tell they knew what they wanted to say. Heck I was thinking the same thing but they were afraid I would get upset. “It’s just you haven’t really been with anyone since Jake.” Anna trailed off. “Yeah were all just worried, we don’t want you holding back.” Liz smiled and moved closer. “Guys I’m not broken, I’m perfectly fine. It’s been what a year or so?” I smiled and started walking to the cashier to show the discussion was finished. I had been fine with the break-up for awhile now. I moved on but they were still afraid I was dwelling on it. Although they were right I really hadn’t been trying to find someone in awhile. I had been so focused on school and planning the beach party I really didn’t find time to try. I finished paying for the dress and turned to face them. “Belle are you sure?” Anna looked at me. “Yes, I’m totally fine. Now let’s find me a beach outfit please.” I smiled and walked out of the store. When I turned my back I let out a sigh of relief. I was not letting them go Doctor Phil on my ass.