Chapter 16

Isabelle's P.O.V

On any regular day after a party, I would've woken up with a splitting headache and the feeling of wanting to vomit and die all at the same time. This time I was too focused on the fact that Nate was snoring beside me, cutely, if you can say snoring on a guy is cute, but that's beside the point.

Nate was also shirtless, and I was trying to figure out if he, in fact, had pants on. I rubbed my leg up against what I hoped was his leg and didn't feel anything. I started to panic, great you just start dating a guy and immediately lose your virginity. I heard my parents banging pots and pans in the kitchen and I hopped out of bed, cursing under my breathe.

"Nate get up," I whispered. He didn't stir and I ran over and tried to shake him awake. He shot up and nearly punched me in the face in the processes. "Jesus Is, it's six am what are you doing up?"  "What are you doing in my bed? Naked might I add," I said in a panic that I realized was evident in my voice.

Nate lifted off my duvet to show he was in his boxers and not naked as I had thought. I looked back at him to see he was giving me a cheeky grin. "Don't worry, nothing happened last night. You were upset and rambling on about something, that by the way did not make sense. You asked me to stay with you till you fell asleep, and I guess I fell asleep too." He said with a big smile, instantly calming down the panic, which was short lived when I heard the sound of footsteps downstairs. 

"That's really sweet, but now I need you to hop out my bedroom window before my father sees you in here and kills you," I smile, great my dad didn't have to worry about me sneaking out the window, he had to worry about me sneaking people out of it. I sighed and begin shoving Nate towards my window.

I removed the screen and opened the window. Nate peered out and looked back at me if I was crazy, "Are you crazy that drop is like three feet." "Please it's more like two, besides, just walk over to where that tree is and use that to get down to the ground," I gave him a reassuring smile and pushed him out onto the roof. He turned back and smiled, "You never answered me last night."

"Answered you on what?" I asked smirking, knowing full well what he is talking about. "Whether you would be my girlfriend or not?" "That depends, was it drunk Nate talking or sober Nate?" I smirked, enjoying making him work for it. 

"I was completely sober and meant every word I said," He said leaning on the window and pulling me close to him. "Then yes, I would love to be your girlfriend," I said just as Nate captured my lips with his. Before the kiss could deepen I heard my dad calling me for breakfast.

I pulled away, "Okay you have to go or this relationship will be short lived if my dad sees you." He gave me another quick kiss and I watched as he scaled the roof to the tree and disappeared.

***

I walked into work to find Josh with a huge black eye hiding in the backroom. I gave him a questioning glance as I walked to my locker. "Gran, told me I was going to scare the customers with my eye, so now I have to work in the freezer every shift until it's gone," He said with a sigh.

"So why did Sam attack you at the party?" Since I hadn't talked to anyone since the party, he was my only source of information. "Apparently, I was hitting on his girlfriend. Which is ridicules, because she was the one who asked me to dance," Josh's voice rose in octaves, as he talked about it. "That doesn't make sense, Sam doesn't have a girlfriend," I started to say when a light bulb went off in my head. "Well, apparently he's dating your blonde friend, I think she said her name was..." "Taylor," I whispered, now it all made sense why Sam and Taylor had been fighting recently.

"Yeah, that was her name. Anyway, it's no big deal, at least I get out of serving customers." I nodded in agreement still shocked from Taylor and Sam secretly dating. "Do you think you could give me her number?" Josh asked. I walked away to distracted by my thoughts to answer. I tried to decide whether of not to talk to Taylor about what I had just learned. She obviously wanted to keep it a secret from us, but the question was why?