Chapter 4

Hey Guys, So i'm sure by now you have noticed my chapters are short. Reasons being that because this story is in the point of view of the male and female main characters sometimes its easier to split up the chapters this way. Also another reason being some people enjoy shorter chapters because it makes reading the book easier. As the story contuines the chapters will begin to get longer. This is more of a test to see which you like better long or shorter chapters let me know! Finally please let me know if you want more point of views in Isabelle or Nate! 

Chapter Four

When Friday had finally arrived I could barley sleep that night. I knew I would regret it in the morning but I couldn’t help it. Every year it was always the same, the night before the beach party I tossed and turned with excitement. I was like a kid on Christmas Eve and this party was the present I had been waiting for all year. No party could measure up, it was the most talked about party all year. Every year at the beginning of summer the new senior class holds a beach party to kick off the summer. This was our year and it was going to be perfect. We were going to have kegs, music, a huge bonfire and food. I had planned everything down to the last detail and that included making sure everyone had safe rides home or were sleeping on the beach. I had no doubt that we were going to have an amazing time. I sat in my bed and checked the weather for tonight. 16 degrees and clear sky’s. I was about to hop out of bed when Anna came barging into my room. She rushed around opening my blinds and windows. I sat there and waited for to stop “Um hello! Why are you just sitting there go get showered, we need to start prepping for tonight!” Anna shoved me into my bathroom. I turned on the shower and brushed my hair. “and so it begins” I smiled at my reflection and turned to hopped into the shower. 

***

I probably made about five trips to the Grocery Store because I kept remembering things I did not put on the list. By lunch time I was ready for a long nap. I was lying in my bed and looked around my room. I set it up as a beach theme. The floors were a light brown hardwood and the walls were painted a tiffany blue. I had sand colour curtains covering my bay windows over my white blinds. My head board looked like shutters and were painted to match my curtains. My bedspread was white with a pink and blue flower pattern pillows. I had a jack and jill washroom that connected between mine and the spare bedroom. It was a decent size room so I really had no complaints. I was slowly passing out when the girls came through the door. I really needed to talk to my mother about letting the girls in at anytime of the day.  “Please tell me you were not about to take a nap! We all agreed we would start getting ready here at two.” Liz was three inch’s from my face beaming her big smile at me. “No of course not! I was just laying in bed till you guys got here” I smiled at them. I was not about to move from this bed yet. Who knew it took this much work to plan a party.  “You’re totally lying! But we forgive you” Anna smirked and gave me a wink. “Okay guys lets put the music on and get started” Liz smiled and put her iPod on the docking station. “Yeah we still have to find dry wood for the fire since it rained last night” Taylor said as she began doing her hair. I sat up from my laying position on the bed as Liz finally decided on a song. The girls started chatting about what the night had in store. They unpacked all there make-up and began plugging in curling irons and straighteners. If my wood floor wasn’t dirty with make-up and hairspray by the end of this I would be shocked.  “This is going to be the best night of the summer!” Liz squealed. I hope she’s right because I do not think I could stand another boring summer. 

***

When we arrived at the beach the sun was already going down. It was a secluded beach further away from town. No one would be able to hear the party from this far down the beach. There is a forest line that forms a divide between the beach and the road. Tourist usually parked on the road and walked through the forest. If you were a townie you knew about the small spot just big enough for a car to fit through that leads right onto the beach. The sand was crystal white aside from the seaweed and other junk the tide rolled in on the shoreline. The sand was still hot from the sun shinning on it all day. I looked around the beach. It seemed like no one had been here today, which was good because it made the sand easier to walk on. The water had small waves that were perfect to jump around in. “We better build the fire further away from the water, who knows what the tide will be like tonight.” The girls nodded there heads and we began looking for dry wood throughout the forest. We found huge logs people could us to sit on. It took all four of us to carry them. Once those were in place we worked on the bonfire. After we were finished all four of us stood back and admired our work. It was impressive and just big enough that we would be able to keep it under control. We had stacked the wood in a triangle and it was the height of me, which I figured was a decent size for a fire. “We better wait till the sun goes down to light this bad boy” Taylor winked. We began hanging the lights around the forest, the cord just reached the street laps outlet. I lit some tiki lights creating a path towards the bon fire. The sun was just starting to go down when we finished. The boys just needed to get here with the rest of the supplies. I decided now would be a perfect time for pictures. I set my camera up on the tripod facing the water.  “Hurry guys lets get some photos to kick off this summer.” I yelled. Everyone ran over and posed. 

I brought my camera back to the car after taking about 50 photos. The guys came driving up in the truck. “Hey good timing” I smiled at spencer. “Wow! You ladies have been busy” Spencer whistled. “Bonfire looks awesome! When are you guys lighting it?” Brayden said as he hopped out of the truck. “Well as soon as every gets here.” “Well we have the music and the kegs” Sam smiled “Were should we park the truck?” Spencer yelled from the drivers seat. “Park it where Natasha just did by the bonfire.” I pointed to Natasha’s red truck. “We can use the cabs to hold drinks and food so they don’t get sandy.”Anna said as she run up to us. “Liz your going to drive my truck back to Belles tonight right?” Natasha walked up and smiled at Liz. “Yeah it’s going to be interesting” Liz let out a nervous laugh. I looked over Spencer’s shoulder and saw a figure coming out of the truck. “Get in boys lets get this set up!” Spencer yelled before I could ask who that was.  Everyone started showing out just as the boys moved the truck. Within an hour of the sun going down the party was in full swing and I was into my second drink. “Hey Isabelle awesome set up!” Someone yelled from a group of people. I turned around to say thanks and smashed right into someone spilling my drink all over them. When I looked up I saw the most warm brown eyes I had ever seen on a boy.