Chapter 7

Chapter 7

“Ladies we need to win this. Do you want to spend our hard earned cash on them? Do you want to clean there rooms?” Anna shouted at us. “Hell no” we yelled back at her in sync. “Good, then lets kick some ass” Usually I would say Anna was being to competitive, but this was a serious bet. There was no way in hell I was spending my money on the boys. No matter how cute Nate was. “Ladies” Anna bent down with a stick and began drawing out a new play in the sand.“Okay, so Natasha you’re going to cover Brayden. I know for a fact he’s going to be passing the ball to Nathan. Which means you need to be there to intercept it” Natasha nodded in agreement. “Taylor and Liz you will cover Spencer and Sam. They are going to be trying to protect Brayden. All you have to do is make sure they don’t get the opportunity too.” Liz and Taylor gave each other a high five. “As for you Isabelle, You are going to try and tackle down Nate. He’s their secret weapon. I don’t know what they have planned for him but let’s not find out.” I gave a nervous smile. “Now if at any point you guys get the ball run it down the beach. They are expecting you to throw it to me but you’re not going to. This is our only way to take them by surprise.” Anna stood up and wiped away the play in the sand. “Let’s do this guys!” Anna shouted and we all ran to our positions. The boys were still in their huddle talking in hushed tones. I looked out on the setting sky to try and calm my nerves. Not only did I wear the worst possible outfit to play football in but I had to tackle Nate to the ground. I was going to be picking my shorts out of my butt crack for half the game. The other half I would be freaking out about having to take down Nate. Who was possibly the cutest guy I had seen since Dylan O’Brian. “Isabelle get into position!” I looked up at Taylor giving me a what the hell are you doing look. “Sorry! I guess I spaced” I shook my head and lined up across Nate. I locked eyes with him. “You’re going down Is” Nate smirked and I had to hide the blush that was beginning to form on my cheeks. “I don’t think so, and don’t call me that” I gave my best intimidation face. He laughed and gave me the same face back. “Ready, Set, Hut, Hut!” Brayden yelled. As he ran backwards with the ball. I ran full force into Nate and knocked him to the ground. I smiled down at him and got up just as Liz scored a touch down. “YES!!” I screamed. 

We continued to play like this until we were ahead by 1 point. As we lined up again in our positions I gave Nate a little wink. Out of no where he switched spots with Sam quickly. I was disappointed and a little thrown off. I looked to Anna but she looked as shocked as I was. The boys had been changing up there plays from time to time but not the positions. The boys were up to something but I didn’t have time to figure it out. Brayden yelled hut and the next thing I knew Sam was running past me. I turned to run after him when suddenly Nate took me down. I locked eyes with him. I had to hold back the urge not to kiss his smirk right off his face. I swallowed quickly as I saw him eyes move down towards my lips. He looked back at me with a straight face, like maybe he was feeling the same as me. “I told you, you were going down” He said in a low slow voice. “Yeah, I guess you did warn me.” I tried hard not to sound breathless. “OH YEAH!” Nathan screamed. “Tie breaker! Huddle up” Nate got up and ran over to the guys as they formed a circle. I got up quickly and walked over to the girls. “Were going to talk about that little moment later” Taylor said with a laughed. “Focus! This is going to determine whether were winners or losers.” Liz gave Anna a nod to explain the play. “Okay, its time to give them a surprise. Go with the same positions we had, but instead were going to throw the ball to Isabelle.” Anna smiled. “Are you nuts? Were going to lose if you do that!” I whispered. “No, its genius! The boys won’t expect it!” Natasha said and high fived Anna. I was starting to miss when Natasha was a little more timid. “Oh god, if we lose remember who’s idea this was!” I said and walked to my position. I set myself at eye level with Nate and prayed I was going to be able to out run him. Suddenly everything went in slow motion like a sports movie. Someone yelled hut and I took off running. I began darting left to right in order to lose Nate. I turned quickly around in the direction of Anna’s voice. She threw a perfect spiral, which was shocking on its own. I lifted my hands and caught it perfectly. “OH MY GOD!” I screamed. “Run!” Anna screamed at me. I ran and slammed the ball in our make shift end zone. The girls ran towards me and threw my in the air. “I TOLD YOU! THAT WAS AMAZING!” they placed me back on the sand. “I’m completely shocked you caught that ball” Brayden smiled and slapped my back. “I guess were walking down main street in drag.” Sam gave a puppy dog look towards Taylor. “Oh no! You guys are not getting out of this!” I gave them a serious face. "Girls don’t look them in the eyes! Just turn around and walk away” Anna said while beginning to walk towards our cars.  We all followed her lead and ignored the guys pleas as we walked away. 

***

After buying half the junk food section at the grocery store. The girls and I drove back to my place to celebrate our win with chick flicks and extreme amounts of junk food. Taylor might of even took a bottle of wine from her parents cellar but I’m denying that till the bitter end.  The boys were still begging us to change our minds. We agreed to shut off our phones and decide the perfect day for them to complete the bet. “Personally, I think we should do it noon hour on monday! Everyones always strolling around at that time.” Natasha looked for nods of approval. “No, theres not enough embarrassment factor.” Liz said while shaking her head. Natasha was too nice and was biased on the account of Brayden. “OH MY GOD! The summer fair!” I just about jumped for joy. I’m surprised I didn’t think of this earlier. The summer fair was an event held at the beginning of summer every year. It was usually hosted down the length of the main street. There was food, carnival rides and games, and different local businesses. This was the embarrassment factor we were looking for. “First you catch the ball, and now this awesome idea! Girl your on a roll!” Taylor jumps up and high fives me. “The best thing is the boys can’t say no!” Liz smiled. “I have to say, that is an amazing idea” Natasha said and Anna nodded in agreement. We all settled down and began deciding what the boys would wear. We were all in hysterics by the end because we kept picturing the boys in drag. “The boys are going to hate us.” I began wiping my eyes from laughing so hard. This was going to be good. 

***

I woke up with a huge backache. Although this was an improvement compared to yesterday morning. I looked around all of use had crashed on my basement floor. Ugh, when did we even fall asleep. I walked carefully around everyone to the kitchen. I felt a dejvu moment from yesterday morning. We really needed to start crashing at someones house who had more beds. I nearly bumped into my mother as I entered the kitchen. “Morning” I smiled down at her. “Good morning hun, did the girls stay over last night?” My mom obviously knew the answer she was just trying to make conversation. “Yeah, I’m just going to make breakfast for us. I have to head to the ice cream shop.” I began walking over to the kurege* and popped in the last coffee. Dad was not going to be thrilled when he woke up. “Oh, you got a job with Elena then?” She smiled over her cup of tea. She again obviously knew the answer. Now she was just confirming town gossip. “Yeah, mom seriously you already knew” I gave her a pointed look. “You should know by now most of the time town gossip is true or at least has some truth in it.” I said while I pulled the milk from the fridge. “Hmm is that so? Then I guess its true that you and that new boy from Montana are seeing each other.” She said with a smirk. Man I hate town gossip and I also hate when she’s right. “Okay mom, you made your point.” I smiled and shook my head. “Well, I’m heading into town to get some flowers for the garden and your fathers at work. So please clean up and don’t be late for the job!” My mother gave me a quick kiss on the cheek as she went out the door. I went and sat by the pool as I waited for the girls to wake up. I thought back to my mom’s latest gossip. I mean Nate and I are not together in the slightest. I don’t even have his number for god sake. I really should ask my mom were she gets her gossip from.  After I finish my coffee I head inside to wake the girls up. I nearly screamed when I saw them sitting in the kitchen. “Sweet baby Jesus! You guy’s scared the crap out of me!” I looked at me. “What! We were waiting to see if you wanted to go out for breakfast.” Anna shrugged. “Let me just get dressed. You guy’s should of just came outside and got me.” I said as I ran up the stairs. “Scaring you was more fun though.” Natasha said triumphantly. Sometimes I don’t understand my friends. They are seriously lucky I love them.   

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Writers block and midterms got the best of me! But im back and hopefully will be able to write a couple of chapters before final exams. So you know the drill comment, like, message me if you want to chat! Im always up for making new friends! 

Hope you enjoyed if you have any ideas let me know!