Chapter 0.4: Writtled Scars & V-Shape Lines

Zac took my endless ranting more smoothly than I expected. He made it clear cutting myself wasn't something he was happy with, but it didn't mean he would stop protecting me. I was his little sister. The only person who had my back and the same way he would walk through a dry desert, I would too. The love we had for each other was beyond strong than any other sibling love. Zac proved to me nothing could tear us apart. He was my backbone and I was his.

After he managed to calm me down, he escorted me back to the girl wing. Before he left me he gave me a small kiss on my forehead. I had taken a shower and returned back to my dorm. It still wasn't late, but even after getting that emotional breakdown off my chest I felt down. I couldn't stop thinking about Aaron and his girlfriend. I look down at my scars. Ruining my thumb over them I sighed.

I can't change what I did.

I reached over for the control for the television and watched Disney-channel knocking out between one of the shows.

The next morning I woke up on time. I changed into some leggings and a over size sweater with my black UGG boots. I straighten my hair and applied a bit of make-up. It was super early, class didn't start for another two hours. The sun was barely rising on the horizon. The deck was empty-with no site of life anywhere. As I walked quietly down the hall towards the dinning hall, I kept remembering about last night. I wondered if Aaron was still upset with me.

It bothered me a lot to have him upset with me. I wasn't afraid he'll stop talking to me or never look my way. All I care was for him to know I wasn't cutting myself anymore. I have no clue why he ran out last night. I agreed with him! So what in the hell made him want to leave me in the dining room alone. I could've gotten caught and who knows what his mom would've done to me.

The doors to the dining room opened and I stepped inside. The host was by the podium texting on her phone. I wonder how many staff members there is on the cruise. Since they have butlers and waiters, cooks, teachers, office leaders, and cruise managers. I bet there were more staff than students. Cambridge only had a total of one hundred students. Twenty students per each class grade.

The hosts smiles at me. "Good-morning, a table for one?" She asked me grabbing a menu.

I just nodded, following her to a table on the far left. She handed me the menu and asked me what I liked to drink. I ordered orange juice and quietly began to look through the menu. I was hungry. I could eat everything on the menu. I was craving waffles and French toast. The most fattening of the entire menu were crying for me to order them. I was a bit spectical about it, I didn't want to over stuff myself. Since I probably wouldn't be eating here again for lunch I ordered the two.

The dining room wasn't completely empty. A few early birds were eating as well as teachers. I sat there in the dinning room staring down at my napkin. I was used to being alone. At lunch I would grab my food and eat outside by this huge willow tree. It was a bit strange eating in a new place. I couldn't grab my food and eat outside.

Little by little I would begin to adapt myself to Cambridge, hopefully.

The food got here in a few minutes.

For a second I stared at it. It looked so good! My stomach was crying out for me to eat it. Grabbing my fork and the knife I cut the waffle in pieces and ate it. I was too busy enjoying my food to realize Logan sitting across from me. He looked at me stunned I was stuffing my face. I took a sip of my juice swallowing my food.

"Um, can I help you?" I asked timidly.

"Rumor has it you were the last person to be seen with Aaron. Why is he so upset?" He asked me in a low voice. "Did you ask him something you shouldn't have?"