Chapter 0.9: You're A Good Boy

There was warning signs going off all over me. I knew Aaron didn't like me, the thought of having a girl that looked like his dead girlfriend brought him some type of joy. But you see never in my life had I had a guy say they feel overprotective of me. No one has ever made me feel worth something. So what if Aaron only cared about me because I look like Caroline at least he cares.

I was worth something to someone even if it was for the wrong reasons.

"Do those shoes feel comfortable?" Aaron asked as we walked out the Vans store.

I nodded. "Thank you for buying me the clothes and the shoes." I told him over and over again I had money with me, but he ignored me. In Old Navy he bought me four pair of jeans and a hoodie and long sleeve shirts. At the Vans store he bought me my shoes as well.

I found it sweet of him to buy me things. I felt a bit spoiled.

"Do you want to ride with me until we get to London?" He asked me.

"Sure, why not," I giggled.

"Great, then."

We waited for the rest of the gang by where we split up. A few minutes later everyone showed up. Zane had a stern look on his face.

"You know Zendaya is making everyone guess the location of the party?" He blurted out.

"She does it every year. Don't you know it's the only way they get the people they want?" Logan answered.

The people they want? Was they the guys who attacked us last night? Aaron pulled out his iPhone and made a phone call. He stepped aside from us speaking to whoever was on the other line. I wasn't sure why the guys weren't paying attention to him speak because he was basically answering their questions.

"They have Khole I just need to know where she's having that party." Aaron spat out. He walked back and forth on the sidewalk. "Listen to me, I don't care how dangerous- just send me the fucking address!" Aaron ended the call and walked back towards us.

"Let's go we have a long night ahead of us," He interrupted Zane's and Logan's conversation.

Zac was the only out of everyone who was quiet. He kept his eyes on Aaron. He knew something that only Aaron and him knew.

As we walked towards our vechiles I couldn't help myself from asking Aaron about his call.

"What are those people involve with?"

"You don't want to know," He responded handing me one the helmets.

"If I'm asking it's because I want to know." I simply said keeping my eyes locked with his. "Tell me,"

He sighs heavily. "They work in the black market as human traffickers. The party we are going to are held to seek girls to kidnap and take to be sold to drug lords,"

"What? Is that what they are going to do to Khole?" I almost screamed out.

Aaron shook his head. "If we don't get to him before Monday-which we will-then when we see Khole again will be in a million pieces,"

I placed the helmet on and he helped me get on. I tried to put it all together, the missing pieces to the Pretty Boys. But no matter how hard I tried to put it together it made no sense. How could one bad gamble game give them so much trouble? There were questions that seemed unanswerable.

Suddenly I feel Aaron place his hands on top of mine. I snapped out of my thoughts to look at him. His back was already facing me when he wrapped his my arms around his torso. Before doing starting the motorcycle he intertwined his fingers with his, giving me a small squeeze.

We travelled for hours. It didn't take us long to leave the city and get back into the country. It was dark and the only thing I could really see were the stars. I laid my head on Aaron's back staring at the sky.

I felt homesick. The thought of never seeing my parents scared me more than anything. Playing the role of bad kids wasn't fun at all. I never thought the price of this mess. It never crossed my mind I might not come back. My eyes watered the more I kept thinking about it, soon tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"Are you crying?" I heard Aaron say through the mic.

I didn't say anything I didn't want the rest of the group to hear my pathetic cries.

He sighs heavily. "They can't hear us I changed the signal for just us two," He said. "So now are you crying?"

I could either tell him tell him the truth or lie to him. Telling him the truth would make me look like a complete whimp. And lying would be much easier.

"No," I breathed out. "I'm tired that's all," I sounded reassuring.

"It sounds like you're crying," He insisted.

"I'm not. Anyway how long are we from London?" I tried changing the subject.

"Six more hours, now why are you crying?"

I let out a groan. "Aaron, I'm not crying!" I snapped at him.

I didn't need to see him to feel his eye roll. "Fine. Let's keep playing our twenty-question game,"

"While you're driving a motorcycle? Isn't that a bit too dangerous,"

He chuckled. " I can handle it,"

I laughed quietly. "Okay, are you the typical bad boy or the secret nerd boy?"

"And she finally asks!" He exclaims. "Do you need to have me classified as something to make you understand me?"

"You haven't answered my question. You just answered the question with another question," My gripped around his torso tighten a bit when I felt the breeze penetrating my jacket.

"Well I'm me-Aaron Taylor- the trouble and the personality I carry are mix at the end you can say I'm your nerdy bad boy,"

There it was-his title. Nerdy Bad Boy. He had two whole opposite personalities that connected with each other so lovely.

"Since you decided to give me a title what's yours Zariah?"

"Isn't it obvious?" I snorted. "I'm the nobody, the outcast, Zac's shadow..." I muttered the last part.

"You should have more self-esteem in yourself than that baby," His came out soft.

"I know the perfect title for you," He said. "Beautiful."

My stomach twisted into a knot. "My title is beautiful?" I scoffed. "Don't lie to a girl to make her feel better,"

He placed his cold hand on top of mine. "I'm not the type of guy to sleep around or be a jerk. I can play around a lot but I'm not heartless. I know words hurt.To me every girl carries the tittle beautiful, it just takes the right guy to see it."

He had placed the cherry on top of the ice cream. Aaron was a ball of mystery and I was eager to find out everything about him.

I wanted the Nerdy Bad Boy, with or without danger signs lingering around him.

**

It might be short or not I'm not sure I typed this on my phone. It's a bit slow but the romance is increasing. It'll start getting good promise.

After a week in the hospital I'm out. Some complications happened so I had to be in there longer.

I'm not sure if I'll be updating regular in since I'm behind in college. So enjoy the chapter and I'll update ASAP (:

Comment.

Vote.

Share.

Fan.

G.V