Chapter 1.7: Dancing With The Devil

I don't think I had ever had so much anger and hate running through my veins before. The sensations felt like acid destroying every bit of humanity you had inside of you. A part of you completely dies-at least a part of me did.

After taking a shower, I found all the products needed to be look presentable. My job wasn't difficult at all. Daniel wanted me to look valuable-as if I was worth millions to him. I had straightened my hair but decided to put it up into a high ponytail, I even got rid of my bangs. In a black bag there was make-up and I applied a bit on. To finish everything off I colored my lips bright red.

Stepping out of the bathroom I walked over to the dress. If I could I would rip it into millions of pieces with the knife. I gripped onto the dress and snuggled myself into it. When I saw the back of it, my heart skipped a beat. The beading of the back of the dress was beautiful, yet it disgusted me at the same time. This dress was supposed to make me feel pretty but knowing what I was going out there for made me feel revolting.

On the side of the bed there was a pair of silver heels. I slipped them on and walked over to the knife. Taking it out from the nightstand I stared at it attentively. I knew I was no longer the girl I used to me. I felt different. All of this was had change me to a person who even I didn't know what she might be capable of.

I played with the edge of the knife thinking of a way to escape. Khole and I just need to escape through the door, and run. Steal a car and leave the damn property and get the hell out of here. I heard the doorknob jingle and I quickly hid the knife underneath my dress, between my underwear and flesh.

Daniel stood by the entranced suited up in a black tuxedo. He gives me a devilish grin. I should kill him right now when no one is around. I would finish him off now then later, but I didn't do it.

"Wow, you sure are Caroline's long lost sister," he said stunned by how I looked.

"I look nothing like her," I spat.

He rolled his eyes. "Only if you had known her you would understand why you two are so similar-so alike. As if she died and was reborn in you," his eyes gleamed.

My stomach twisted into a huge knot. The way he was talking about her gave me the urge to vomit. He talked about her almost as if he was in love with her! Daniel walked up to me brushing the back of his fingers across my cheek.

I looked away forcing myself not to push him away. "It was a shame she died," he whispered. "She was too beautiful to die,"

"You talk about her as if she meant something to you," I said.

His eyes traveled down my body, raping me in his mind. "She was special to me..." His lips made contact with my warm flesh. Goosebumps travelled down my spine causing me to shiver.

"But I'm not her!" I snickered pushing him away from me.

He stumbled back laughing loudly. "You're pretty hot when you're mad! I see why Aaron likes you," he taunted me.

Pig. I wanted to shove this knife into his eye sockets! I didn't talk back to him. I let him grab onto my arm and pull me out the room. From down the hall I could hear the music playing.

The tips of Daniel's fingers penetrated my skin inflicting pain. "You're hurting me," I cried out.

"Good, you'll learn not to touch me next time," He spat back.

I bit down on my tongue. This was my only chance and I couldn't blow it. Speaking back to him wasn't going to do me any good. We were now standing at the top of the stairs looking down at all the men wearing masquerade mask, and the few girls dressed up fancy.