Chapter 1.8: You Don't Hurt People You Love

My body ached. It ached so badly. I tried opening my eyes to get a view of where I was, but I couldn't. They weighed a ton. Pushing myself up from what felt like a hard steel surface I was pushed softly back down.

            "Don't move," I heard Aaron's soft voice. "You'll strain yourself,"

            Where was I? I thought I had died after getting shot, the signs of I had died were there when I passed out. My second chance of life was to be used to save Aarons life and I did. Now, I was supposed to be dead, but I'm not. Why?

            I felt my shirt being ripped. "Aaron this is a shot wound, she lost way to much blood!" A females voice said. "You have to take her to the hospital!"

            "Sam, you know I can't,"

            A burning sensation crept on my back causing me to wail in pain. I was dying, if Aaron doesn't take me to a hospital I'm going to die. But he can't. If he does the police will get involve and our parents will know where we are.

            "Aaron this is a dog clinic, I don't have human blood. Her pulse and pressure are low, she's not going to survive,"

            "Give her my blood!" He raised his voice. "I'm type O,"

            I shook my head. "Are you insane?" I whispered. "You will put yourself in danger," I huffed out.

            "Please, save her, don't worry about me. I'll be fine," He assured her.

            She lets out a heavy sigh agreeing with him. As she prepared for the blood transfusion, I used all the strength left in me to open my eyes. Aaron was sitting down beside me staring at me attentively.

            He didn't need to save me. I left him clear instructions. His job was to get Khole back and get the hell out of London. He didn't have to worry about me, sooner or later this was going to be my destiny.

            "Go find Khole..." I trailed off trying to catch some air. "Don't-don't worry-"

            "Don't strain yourself. I will find Khole once I know you're okay." He reassured me. "But for right now just relax, you're going to be okay."

            His eyes watered. He was scared. He didn't have to be though; I wasn't in so much pain anymore. My body felt numb, so much of the pain was gone, and my breathing was getting slow. All I really wanted was for him to sit there and let me admire his presence. I wanted to die in peace.

            "Aaron..." I called out for him.

            "Don't talk, please," He begged me.

            I moved my arm slowly toward him, until he took hold of it. He was trembling. He held onto my hand tightly not letting it go.

            "I...love...you," I sighed out.

            The darkness invaded me again and his face was the last thing I was able to see.

Aaron Taylor:

Hearing her say those three words broke me down completely. After she fell unconscious again, I cried. Her words hit me straight into the heart like a knife. Zariah had attached a broken piece back into my heart. A part of me that had died with Caroline came back to life.

I laid next to her the entire time the machine transferred blood to her. I kept my hand and her hand intertwined with one another, letting her know I wasn't leaving. Through the blood transfusion she awoke once again, but she didn't say anything.