Chapter 1.6: The Devil's Backbone

I snapped my eyes open, only to find myself in an isolated room tied up to a chair. In front of me an older man was staring straight at me. The glare in his eyes sent goose bumps down my spine, they were frightening. My chest tightens at the thought of what he was planning to do with me. His intention weren’t good at all, and I didn’t want to find out what he was going to do with me either.

“So you’re Aaron Taylors girlfriend,” He spoke out in a deep voice.

I shook my head. “I’m not Aaron’s girlfriend,”

“Right, it’s obvious that you are,” He scoffed. “Aaron did a pretty good job getting another girl who looked like Caroline,” He smirked.

How in the hell does he know about Caroline? I didn’t know what to say to this man, he was scary. Not in his appearance but the way his word bounce off his lips more offensively. If words could kill he would’ve done it the moment he said I was Aaron’s girlfriend.

“W-why did you kidnap me?” I tried my best to sound brave.

He stood up shrugging. “I figured since Aaron took something that is mine, I’ll take something that is his,” This man standing before me was Daniel. He wasn’t one of the men in the van or one of Zendaya’s guards. This animal was Daniel.

“He didn’t kidnap your daughter,” I spat out.

His eyes snapped up at me. “What?”

I took in a deep breath. “Aaron didn’t kidnap Zendaya, I did. You have someone who I care about, so I took someone you care about,” I knocked him back with his own words.

“Why you little…” He marched up to me slapping across the face. “Where is my daughter?”

My eyes watered, I had never gotten slapped in my life. The worst thing someone has done to be has pushed me against a locker, but physically no one has ever touched me. If I wasn’t standing in front of a coward, I would’ve cried, but I held it in. In that moment instead of letting fear consume me, I added gasoline to the fire.

I looked up at him laughing dryly. “If life was that easy then I would have Khole and you would have your daughter back!” I snickered. “But let me tell you something Daniel, you won’t ever see your daughter again…”

He raised his hand again hitting me again. “Tell where the hell you have her at!” He yelled angrily in front of my face. “I swear If you…”

“If I what? Hurt her? You have no right asking me if I hurt her or not.” I responded. “She knows Daniel, she knows you have Khole and let me tell you something, she’s not happy,”

I was winging at it. After the second slap, I figured the best way to not get myself killed was to do what I do best, mind fuck him. Reverse sociology would only do two things, tell me I was wrong, or make Daniel believe what am saying.

His face scrunches up in agony. So it is true, no wonder Zendaya acted so frantic when Zac told her Daniel kidnapped Khole. I was beginning to wonder if this even has to do with the money Zac and Aaron owe him.