My Chips Are Stolen!

Hey there, baby.

"Do I look okay?" Kenzie asked, tugging on her floral blouse.

"Better than ok," Luke leaned down and kissed her and I quickly averted my eyes. The mark effects had died down so she was pretty much just in a good mood.

"Who exactly are we meeting?" I turned to Jason and inquired.

"The entire pack, we'll be having a cookout in the backyard," He said casually, as if this was nothing.

"The entire pack? How big is the pack exactly?" I asked.

He shrugged, "One, maybe two hundred."

"Wow."

"That's right."

"This'll be fun," I said.

"Yep," Jason nodded. Just then there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Kenzie sang. Really, she wanted to open the door? Wow, that bite really changed her.

"Hello!" She opened it and greeted a tall man and a shorter woman.

"Why hello, I'm Carrie, Jason's mom," The lady introduced herself and I balched, it never occurred to me that I would meet his parents!

"And I'm Steve, his father, lovely to meet you," The man shook her hand. Then, Carrie caught sight of Jason. She screamed,

"JACIEKINZ!" And ran into him, hugging him tightly.

"Hey, guys," He smiled as the dad walked over and embraced him too.

"Oh we missed you sonny!" She squished him.

"You've only been away for two weeks, relax," He rolled his eyes and she thwacked him on the head with her purse.

"Don't roll your eyes at me young man," She scolded and he smiled and moved next to me.

"Mom, dad, this is Cassie," He took my hand and I stepped forward.

"Nice to meet you!" I shook his fathers hand and then his mothers.

"She's my mate," He added. Their eyes popped out of their heads.

"WHAT?! YOU FOUND YOUR MATE AND DIDNT TELL US???!!!" His mom screamed. I took a careful step back.

"Honey, it's ok. At least we get to meet her now," Her husband soothed. She took a deep breath and counted to ten before smiling warmly.

"Sorry Cassie, I was just a bit surprised, but we are so happy to have you in the family," She walked over and hugged me tightly, as did Steve.

"Um, Thanks," I said, taken back, and She grinned back. But then her eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't mean to be so blunt, but what are you?" She asked, a quizzical look on her face.

"Um, excuse me?" I said, unsure of what she was asking.

"Are you a human or werewolf?"

"Uh, human?"

Steve hummed thoughtfully, "You know, come to think of it she does sort of smell like a h-"

"No she doesn't, Steve. Let's not bring that up just yet, I think Jason should be to one to explain," Carrie interrupted, shooting a pointed look at him.

"Then, let's set up the barbecue, I'm ready to eat!" Steve laughed. They all walked outside except Luke, who walked over and rested and elbow on my shoulder.

"I'll warn you now, Carrie is a handful," He informed me.

I nodded, "I can tell."

About an hour later the backyard was packed with pack members and I was shaking hands and chatting with various people for what seemed like half a hour before I finally took a break.

I walked inside and headed for the kitchen, grabbing a much needed snack of chips. As I got my party sized bag, Sadly, I noticed my best friend in the whole wide world shuffling through the fridge.

"Hello, You," I smiled brightly at the wannabe Kardashian from a couple days ago, Brittany, I remembered. She turned around and narrowed her eyes at me.

"You," She growled.

I gave her a little wave, " 'Sup."

"Why are you still here?" She scowled and I shrugged.

"I just enjoy annoying you."

"Alright, listen up and listen up good."

"Well," I corrected.

She ignored me and continued, "You may think that you're the Luna, but what good can a little, pathetic human do to the pack. You'll just hold us back sweetheart. Besides, I don't even think you're human at all. Humans don't smell like that and I'm going to get to the bottom of this and when I do, I'll make certain the pack finds out. More importantly, you don't deserve Jason, I do. Unlike you, I'm actually part of the pack, so back off and leave."

Wait, I didn't smell like a human? That lady was off her rocker.

She stared at me. Then she raised her eyebrows and looked at me expectantly.

I raised my eyebrows back, "Wait, what? Sorry, I stopped listening after, "You may think you're Luna"."

"Haha funny. Just shut up," She snapped.

"Funny? I'm hilarious."

Then her phone rang. She picked it up and answered. Then she turned to me and said,

"Got to go, my boyfriend is calling. See you soon!" She gave me a big fake smile and snatched the bag of chips from my hands.

"Hey! You bring those back here this instant!" I cried indignantly as she strutted away. How dare she take my food! And who's her boyfriend??

"What's wrong?" Jason asked as he walked in from the back yard, shutting the screen door behind him.

"Well I have bad news, and really bad news. The bad news is that me and that Brittany girl got in a fight," I explained.

He raised his eyebrows, "And the really bad news?"

I sniffled, "She took my chips."