June Visits

BLAAAAAAADFGJKL GUYS GUYS GUESS WHAT
I GOT INTO SHOW CHOIR AS A FRESHMAN!!!!! ONLY TWO FRESHMAN GIRLS GOT IN AND I WAS ONE OF THEM!!!! BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! What's going on in your lives?

As he turned to where I pointed above the closet, I took the advantage and shoved him in, silently thanking God that I left it open. Before he could react I slammed the doors, yanked the hair tie from my ponytail, and wrapped it around the door knobs.

I knew that wouldn't him so I ran to the bathroom, grabbed four more hair ties and a scarf, and wrapped then around the door handles. Then I moved the desk in front of it for safety.

I ran out of the room and flew down the stairs, taking two at a time as I mentally braced myself for what I would see in the backyard.

Maybe my friends were slaughtered across the lawn, maybe Jason's dead body was littered in a tree, maybe they- good lord, stop thing such morbid thoughts. I just had to focus on keeping June from walking into this mess. She was one of my closest friends.

Instead of racing out the back door, where I could get myself killed, I raced out the front door. I swung the door open to see June walking up the driveway. How did she get here so fast?

"CASSIE!" She yelled and launched herself into my arms. I staggered back a moment but hugged her tightly.

"June, you probably shouldn't stay, bad things are happening in the backyard. Our party went very wrong, very fast," I warned. She waved me away.

"I'm fine, I can handle myself," She said back. Before I could stop her, she started racing around back.

I chased after her, yelling, "June, wait!"

But she didn't stop. We reached the backyard and I grabbed her arm. Then, I noticed the scene in front of me and gasped in horror. I felt June tense beside me and suck in a deep breath.

"What happened?" She whispered. I said nothing. Just stared at the dozens of dead bodies littered on the grass, pooling blood. The smell of it was everywhere, it was overwhelming and I forced myself to look away and turn back to her.

"I'm going to tell you the truth," I said. Being my cousin, she was probably either a werewolf or Hunter anyway. "I'm half werewolf, half Hunter and this Crazy lunatic who used to be my Crazy lunatic cousin is dating a Kim Kardashian wannabe and they are trying to kidnap me and kill everyone."

"Ok," She nodded. Well she took that well.

"Oh, and by the way, I have a mate," I added.

Her eyes widened and she hollered, "What? Really?!"

I was taken back, "Thats what shocks you?"

"Um, yes! I haven't even gotten mine yet, and I'm full werewolf!" She exclaimed.

"Wait, so you're from Dad's side? I thought everyone was dead," I asked. This whole thing was about as confusing as Calculus.

"Nope, my dad escaped. Our dads and one other are the only ones left," She told me. I guess I know who the one other is.

"Anyways, I need to find Kenzie and the others. But they aren't back here so I've got no idea where they are," I said. She looked around.

"We should probably check the house."

I frowned, "But I just left the house."

"Maybe they were there and you didn't notice," She suggested.

"You're probably right," I said, but I was pretty doubtful. I am very perceptive, I would've seen them.

We ran inside the backdoor and I was met with some familiar faces in the kitchen.

"KKKEEENNNZZZIIEEE!!!" I shouted and tackled her to the tiled floor.

"CASSIEROLE!" She yelled and hugged me tightly. We just sat there, hugging the livin day lights out of each other until I stood and helped her up. Then, I looked around at Katie, Emily, and Luke.

"What happened out there?" I demanded.

Emilie pursed her lips, tears beginning to spill over, as Luke said, "It was a hard fight. We lost Kyle and Ryan."

"No!" I cried, he was one of the closest friends I had here.

"We're lucky we didn't loose more. The rest of the pack is chasing the rouges off our land," Emilie said.

Then I noticed a certain presence missing. A very important presence.

I looked around, "Where's Jake?! And also Jason."

Luke said, "Jason is somewhere looking for you. He saw Connor come in after you and freaked."

"Oh yeah! He's in my closet," I remembered.

"Psssh, I hope he doesn't open it by accident!" He chuckled.

"I'll check upstairs. Oh, by the way, this is my cousin June, She's a werewolf. Ok, be right back!" I raced up the stairs without looking back, taking two at at time until I burst into the hallway. I ran straight to my room and threw the door open.

The desk was already moved aside and Jason was reaching for the closet handles.

"DONT OPEN THOSE DOORS!" I yelled, barreling into him at top speed, knocking him onto the bed. Jason looked at me in surprise and pure relief and he pulled me into a crushing embrace.

"Stars, I'm so glad you're ok," He breathed into my hair. I gently pushed him away.

"Connor is in the closet," I informed him.

"What!? Really??" He looked at me, shocked.

"Yep, so I wouldn't-"

Just then the doors slammed open and Connor darted out, shoved through both of us, and sprinted downstairs. I looked at the mass of broken hair ties and mangled scarf mournfully.

"Those were my last hair ties," I frowned as Jason grabbed my arm and hauled me after him.