CHAPTER 2: HITCHHIKER

The rain was my favorite type of weather. The way cars passed the street you could hear the wind breaking and the ricochet of the water hitting the sidewalk. The trees swaying as they're being hit by little droplets of water. The windshield whispers making a constant sound back and forth. Sunny days there was nothing special about sunny days. I hated the shade of blue the sky on a sunny day. The clouds looked like two dimension clouds instead of three dimensions on cloudy or rainy days. I could see all the details in clouds when the sky wasn't blue.

Closing my eyes as cars passed the windswept towards me relaxed me. I had been standing on the side of the road for a good ten minutes. I breathed in fresh air as the warm humid air touched my skin. I felt like I was on the top of the world all my worries gone. All my insecurities gone. Because i was the only one who could judge myself.

I step out farther on the side of the road and stick my thumb in the air. When i had enough of calmness. A few cars pass but the familiar light blue truck pulls up next to me. His eyes hidden behind the black sunglasses. He rolls his window down and i step towards the car leaning against the window with my forearms.

"No thanks," I tell him. I don't want to get in the car. With an Edward Cullen and his eucalyptus scent. He turns to me removing his glasses.

"Get in before I change my mind." Rude. "Truck drivers would love a piece of virgin. Out here. Probably share you with the whole truck stop." I open the door getting inside placing my bag on my lap.

"I'm not a virgin," I say buckling my seat belt. He rolls down the highway. He doesn't say anything. "Why were you staring at me at the gas station?" No answer. "Or stop me from stealing?" Silence. I scoff and opened his glove compartment. A gun. A pack of gu-. He smacked the glove compartment closed. I turn towards him.

"Don't touch anything," he warns. Why does he have a gun in his car?

I watch him. His hair gelled back looked so soft. His hands firmly grip the steering wheel as he bites his lip before running his tongue along it.

"Stop staring at me." I don't realize he says this until he turns towards me.

"Sorry," I whisper. He was something else. Why was he so mean?

"Where are you going? Where is your mom?" He asks. His eyes still focused on the road.

"My father's second wife!" I state. "Phoenix but the bus station would be okay."

"I'll drive you there." He tells me.

"I'll just catch a bus. Sir."

"Sir that makes me feel old." He places a hand on his heart.

"What's your name, Edward Cullen." I joke. He's just like Edward just staring at me. Maybe he has good hearing and heard the entire conversation with me and Julia.

"Edward. Twilight?" I nod he chuckles. "Zeus." He says. "My names Zeus."

"Who names their child Zeus." I pull out my journal and write his name down.

Edward Cullen aka Zeus

He either lives life in fear or someone is after him seeing he owns a handgun kept in the glove compartment of his blue Chevy.

"My mother loved Greek Mythology she felt me kick and knew I was destined for great things. She was wrong."

His mother is his weak spot. He doubts himself in life.

"Blythe. My grandfather's middle name." I tell him. "Most people just call me Bly. Thank you."

"For what?" He turns to me confused. For stopping idiot.