CHAPTER 4: LOST AND THEN FOUND

(Unedited)

CHAPTER 4: LOST AND THEN FOUND

She keeps looking over at me. Her smirk evil. Her face wasn't a deep red anymore and her hands weren't glued tight to the steering wheel. "Stop looking at me. Focus on the road." I snap at her.

"You're in for a ride Missy." She told me.

"I betcha I am." I sarcastically said leaning my head back to the seat.

"Don't talk back to me." She tells me. I laugh.

"I don't really care. After I tell my father you hit me you'll be packing your bags or he might just take them back seeing he bought most of the things you own."

"I'm pregnant he won't." She whispered. My heart stopped.

"That's impossible," I whisper. She was forty at least.

Using unborn child as blackmail because she knows she was ruining our family; the family before she came.

"And I'm thirty-seven Hun." I close my eyes pinching myself. "When you leave a new life will take your spot. I hope its a girl. I'll raise her not to talk back." She knows what she's doing.

"Go to hell." I blurt.

"And not try and kill herself." I snapped. I broke down inside. I was a horrible daughter. I always caused trouble. I was a wrecker. A homewrecker I deserved to die. Alone. Not with Zeus or anyone. Maybe Zeus could take my departure from our journey to Phoenix as a sign that we were not meant to be together.

7:30 AM

TO: FATHER

Congratulations on your new family, better than nothing right.

All I can hear is her rambling. We drive for a good seven hours. She pulls into a motel. Its run down, the air is frisky.

"Stay in the car." She orders getting out and going into the Check-in. My mother would never check us into a motel she'd make us sleep in the car. I close my eyes the silence was nice. Soon after my door was yanked open. She stood there. Her piercing stare. "Room 34." I nodded getting out and walking to the room. I lay on the bed as she goes to the bathroom. I crawl under the covers and close my eyes.

"Are you hungry?" She asks. I don't answer I just let my tears collect in the pillow. "I'll get you some stay here." She whispers touching my back. I tense but let her continue. She leaves. Fifty minutes later she's back. "It's on the table if you get hungry." But I drifted off into sleep.

I woke up about 2 am my stomach growled the slightest. I looked the right and noticed Julia in a deep sleep. I sat up and slide out of the bed. I walked to the table with my bag and put the container in it. I looked at Julia one last time before leaving the door. I walked towards the front to call a taxi when I noticed a strange man following me. Maybe I was seeing things. I felt a hand on my shoulder I was yanked around and faced to face with the man. His face unfamiliar. I yanked away but it was no use. He pulled me behind the vending machines. He reeked of alcohol. He also smelt like hadn't showered in a while. I was yanking away from him but his grasp was too tight.

"Shut up and I won't have to hurt you." He whispered harshly in my ear. "You'll like this."He places a kiss on my neck as I screamed but he put a hand over my mouth. His body was pulled off of me and I turn to look at Zeus only for a second before he started repeatedly punching the man. I pull him off. He kicks the man a few more times before pulling away from the man. He looked at me concerned and then grasped my hand leading me to the parking lot. He slowed down once we were close.