CHAPTER 10: DINNER FOR TWO

(Unedited)

CHAPTER 10: DINNER FOR TWO

The car pulled over to a dock. Why were we at a dock in the middle of no where. He got out and walked around to open my door. He had a blindfold.

"Come on i'm not six."

"You act like it." He stood behind me placing the blindfold onto me. I groaned as he guided me forward.

"Your father tells me you were in the hospital." He mumbles as we walk.

"Its personal." I state.

"i'm glad you did. I know they can help you there."

"I guess." I breath. He stops me and then silence, before he removes the blind fold. There was a table for two on the dock. Surrounded by candles and rose peddles. The table was covered in a white table cloth and beautiful china. The rose peddles were in little hearts. The chair were lined with little flowers on strings. They were alone along the side of the dock. Zeus was standing behind the chair with a big smile plastered on his face.

"This is-" I was lost for words. He did this for me. I walked over to him. He pulled the chair out for me. I thanked him. He sat across from me.

"Was anything you told me true?" He leaned back.

"Blythe come on we just sat down."

"I know but I want to know. "

"Ill tell you after desert." I nodded lifting his wine glass to my lips. He didn't even care about grabbing it from me. I placed it back in the spot after sniffing it only not drinking it. "Drink it if you want." He whispered.

"No thanks." I mumble putting the food in my mouth he still leans back watching me. I wipe my mouth. "Zeus?" I ask.

"Did you get my note?" He asks.

"Yes. I burned it." I state taking a sip of my iced lemonade. "Sweet actually. Until I remembered how you lied." I took another sip. He leaned forward.

"Ask me." He whispers. "Ask me anything and I wont lie."

"Who's truck were you driving?"

"Shes a beauty ain't she. 1963 Chevy C-10 its mines. I bought her two years ago." He takes a sip of his wine.

"Why did you have a gun in your glove compartment." He took another sip.

"I own a gun. I have a gun licensed. Does that bother you."

"No." I push a stand of my hair behind my ear.

"Why did you take me to Vegas? How did you know my father was going to save me from you." He sighed.

"I didn't."

"So you don't know why you kissed me?" I asked.

"I wanted to do when I first saw you."

"And when was that the parking lot or a photo of me in my dads office."

"You were sitting in your dads office, in his chair two years ago. Your mother was sitting on the couch you two were talking. I passed by you look at me for one second but looked back at your mother. You didn't even notice me. You looked right past me. As if I was nothin-"

"So you did all of this as a joke." I stand.

"No, Blythe. Never. "

"I have strong feelings for you and you made fun of me for being venerable and having sex with you." I snap he stands too I step away from the table.

"Blythe I swear I was going to tell you." He steps towards me. I take a step back.

"Stop lying." I ball my fists.

"i'm not lying. I was going to tell you on the bench." He was now directly in front of me. He put a hand on my waist. "I was going to admit my feelings.

"Don't touch me." I whispered. He pulled me closer to him. He gripped my chin pulling our lips together. He pressed me against the railing before deepening the kiss.

"I missed these lips." I placed my hands on his shoulders pushing him off softly.

"I think its best if I just go." I walk past him.

"One dance." He reaches his hand out for me to take.

"There's no music." I whisper.

"No need."

"I cant dance."

"I have two left feet." I took his hands. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I placed my hand on his neck. We swayed slowly. "I wish you would forgive me." He mumbled in my ear. "Then I could listen to you talk for hours. Kiss you when ever I want." I keep swaying silently. "I have strong feeling for you too."

"Zeus." I whisper pulling us apart. "I think its best if we just become friends." I Fix his tie because I was leaning on it.

"Blythe."

"Id like to go back to the hotel." I say walking towards the car.

"Blythe." Hes right behind me but I continue to walk. He grasps my wrist.

"Yes." I whisper.

"Tell me. Look me straight in the eyes and tell me you don't want to be with me. That we cant work this out. Tell me." I inhale at his words. Did he just ask me that. He was forcing me to do something I couldn't do. Right? I couldn't tell him or could I?

"I-I don't want to be with you Zeus." I did it. I did it. He parted his lips in shock. I continued my walk to the black SUV. I could hear his footsteps. We got in the drive was quiet. The driver has on low music. I believe the old school rnb station. Poison came on and I had to contain myself. I was angry Zeus. He really thought he could get a happy ending after of this happened. Then I remembered he saved me from almost getting raped. Once we pulled up to the hotel we sat for a minute in silence.

"Thank you for tonight Zeus." I whisper leaning over and kissing his cheek which he moved so our lips lightly brushed. I took the flowers off the seat and my clutch before opening the door. I turned to face him. "Call me if you ever want to talk or need anything." I quote his words from the little note he wrote. He nods before I close the door and walk into the hotel and into the elevator. Once I opened the door Julia and my dad were sprawled on the couch watching TV.

"Damn sexy." Julia called when I walked in.

"Thanks to you two." I point to both of them. "He hates me." Julia sits up but I place my hand in the air to stop her. "Tomorrow or the day after i'm going to sleep." I walk into the room and set the flowers down on the bed. Right as I do a little note falls. I pick it up.

Bella swan and Edward end up together why cant we?

I shook my head laughing a little. Did I make a mistake. Was is supposed to find out what me and Zeus had in store or was it all just going to be a story to tell my future children about me hitchhiking and forgiving my parents. Would they ask about what happened to Zeus or would that not be important the lesson is more important. What was the lesson? I thought for hours before tiredness took over.

The next day I was on a flight to Phoenix to attend college. I had my dorm set up. And my classes lined up. Julia due date was set for April and then I would have to be a big sister. Someone would actually look up to me. As horrible as I am a little friend boy or girl would have to look up to me. I was going to have to be a role model.

I was Just in my last class Creative writing. Our Professor let us out early. As I was walking to my dorm I noticed a familiar blue Chevy and a familiar dark haired boy. He was in a dark long sleeve and dark washed jeans. My phone started ringing I placed it to my ear.

"Hello." I noticed he had his phone to his ear.

"You said I could call you if I needed anything." And he was right. I need the constant joy he brought me when I was around him. Why couldn't we be together. I wanted him. And he wanted me. So that's the way it has to be.