Chapter 5: Mates!?

"Mine!" He growls, pulling me into his hard chest.

I struggle to get out of his bruising grip but he growls and wraps his arms around me even tighter.

His brothers all stare at us, with envy, shock and happiness.

"Congratulations, brother. She is very beautiful and will make a fine queen." Prince Leonardo says to us both, bowing his head.

Prince Phillip, the one who had envy in his eyes, also bows to us, "Congratulations. Treat her well." He says sadly.

I'm so confused, what's going on? What are mates? And why are me and a Prince mates?

Prince Sebastian grins and says," I don't know, brother, she looks ill. I think she's missing some vitamin me.", and winks.

I blush, embarrassed, but Prince Xavier growls and pulls me closer so I'm right up against and can feel everything. And I mean, everything.
The King then glides over, and stares at me before saying, "Congratulations son. But don't forget your duties as the heir. No woman is worth the throne." Glaring at me coldly, he glides away and exits the room.

Xavier suddenly picks me up bridal style and carries me out of the room. I stare at the girls trying to scream, help me, but they stare back sadly, knowing there's no way I'm getting out of this.

He takes us through long hallways and up curving stairways until we reach a huge doorway with guards posted outside.

"Leave us. You are off duty." He orders them, and enters his room.

It's beautiful. Red and gold furniture, with an elegant four poster bed in the middle. There's a window near the bed, that gives off the most beautiful view. But this room is so dark. Red, gold and black seems to be this room's theme.

He lowers me onto his bed and runs his hands through his hair anxiously. He opens his mouth but closes it again, like a goldfish.

Finally, he speaks.

"Do you know what mates are?" He asks.

"No." I whisper, and he sighs, exasperated.

"Mates are...the other half of our souls, they're our soul mates. They're the only person you can ever love in a romantic way, even if you were in love before, meeting them changes that. It's impossible to love someone other than your mate. You're incredibly possessive of your mate, but you'll never harm them, because mates are meant to be cherished. You, are my mate. And I am yours. A human mate is very rare, so alot of vampires are not going to be happy about this."