Chapter 12: Murder

I wriggle out of Xavier's arms so that I can get changed in the bathroom. I look back and see him cuddling a pillow tightly. Maybe he thinks it's me?

I change quickly into a light purple dress with gold threading and flat golden shoes. Now that I am the mate of the next in line for the throne, I suddenly get better clothes, food and jewellery. I also have my own servants but I don't use them very often. Mainly because I think it's wrong to kidnap girls and use them as slaves, and I am perfectly capable of doing things myself.

When I exit the bathroom I see Xavier still sleeping with his arms wrapped around the pillow. I grin as an evil idea crosses my mind. I reach for the jug of cold water that we use for drinks in the night and pour it all over him. He gasps and shoots up, his hand reaching for the dagger at the side of his table with water dripping all over him and some running down his chest.

I giggle at his confused expression until his eyes widen in understanding.

He growls at me and raises from our bed, hunched over menacingly.

I roll my eyes and say, "Xavier I know you would never hurt me. Stop pretending to be threatening." He has done this many times now.

He pouts and sits down on the bed. "Damn my natural charm for making you know that I couldn't hurt you."

Suddenly he grins and walks over to me, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Have you ever been tickled before?" He asks, lips curved into a smirk.

All the blood leaves my face. I am extremely ticklish. Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear!

He chuckles at my expression and throws me onto the bed.

"Xavier stop! I just got changed! Please don't tickle me, I'm so ticklish everywhere!"

Why did I tell him that!?!?

He grins and approaches me.

*******

We leave our room to attend the meeting that the King has ordered, my eyes still red and watery from the tears I shed from laughing too much.

Once we reach the meting room; we enter and I see that the only people here are the other Princes and the King.

"Finally." The King grumbles, "I was about to send some guards for you. Xavier, you need to be on time if you are to be the future King! Stupid boy."

Xavier tenses but doesn't say anything and holds our my chair for me to sit down.

"Now, I called this meeting bec-" the King's words are cut off short by a series of hacking coughs.

"A-as I was saying, I called this-" He is cut off again by his coughs.

Me and the brothers frown. A Vampire cannot get sick, especially not a royal Vampire; they are much stronger than ordinary Vampires.

"There i-is a t-traitor in the castle. " the King croaks out and starts coughing again, but this time his chest heaves with the force.

Leonardo and Phillip call for the guards and ask them to take him to his room where Phillip can assess what is wrong with him, after all he is the head healer in this castle.

Xavier stands up and announces to us all, "You heard our father. Keep your eyes open and aware of any danger. Anything is possible now there is a traitor in our castle."

And with that he pulls me out of my chair and through the hallways to our room.

He pushes me inside and locks the door before checking the window to make sure there is no one outside of it.

"Xavier, calm dow-" I say softly but am cut off by Xavier's snarl.

"I have to keep you safe. You are human, you're much easier to break than one of us. I will assign you some guards in the morning. Don't be angry please. I can't lose you." He says softly.

I reach for him and wrap my arms around his waist.

"You won't lose me Xavier. I promise."

He hugs me tightly, pulls me onto the bed and we fall asleep in each other's arms.

I wake to the sound of alarm bells and guards banging on the door. I grip Xavier tightly and he pushes me behind him to keep me safe from danger.

"Your highness! Please wake! The King is dead! You must come quickly!" A man's voice calls out.

Xavier's eyes widen before hardening.

He throws open the door and marches down the hallway, with me watching him leave.

Ooooohhhhhh drama! Who saw that coming? Obviously I did because I wrote it! Anyway, thankyou so much for some of the support I have been getting, as well as over 300 views!!!! OMG THANKYOU SO MUCH THAT IS AMAZING!! Sorry for not updating in a while, been very busy! But might post a chapter later? Depends on how active my family wants to be.

Please vote!! Thankyou!