Chapter 13: The Aftermath

Frank on bottom, Zander on top.

The bells chime slowly as we watch the coffin containing the King is loaded onto a burning pile of wood. Apparently, it's a tradition, according to Philip. We have been spending more time together now that Xavier has locked himself away for the past few days. Literally. In a room. It's been hard on all of us, but Xavier took it the hardest.

He's assigned me two personal guards that follow me around and stop me from doing anything remotely fun! I can't even send mail to my family, or receive any due to 'safety regulations'. I'm so bored.

The guards are nice though, and very handsome. I think that all Vampires must have a special gene that makes them so attractive. One is called Zander, and the other Frank.

They both have dark hair and green eyes, but Zander has sharper cheekbones. Of course they look similar though; they are brothers.

Frank is extremely friendly, he makes funny jokes and always talks to me when I feel lonely.
Zander is very quiet, I haven't heard him talk at all. He takes his job very seriously.

"Frank, can you take me to Xavier's office? I want to talk to him." I ask.

I still haven't figured out my way around the castle, and it's time I put an end to his silent treatment!

"I'm sorry Sophia, he's ordered to be left alone for the next few days. Especially if it doesn't have something to do with the war at the moment." Frank answers apologetically.

I frown. Why is he ignoring me? Obviously he is grieving over his father's death, but I am his mate, maybe I can give him some comfort?

I tell Frank to take me to my room - yes, Xavier asked for separate rooms- and I pretend to go to sleep.

Zander and Frank can't come in here (of course) so they wait outside. Luckily, I asked Evangeline who now works in the kitchens to crush some sleeping herbs into their meal, and I hear them both start to snore from just outside my door.

I open my door and step into the hallway, looking left and right for guards. There aren't any, go go go!

I run through the hallways silently and finally find his office; open the door.

First, I see Xavier hunched over his table.
Second, I see wine glasses and beer goblets lying all over the floor in random places.
And third, I see a half naked woman lying on the sofa in the corner.

I stare at her and then at his body sprawled across his desk, and I shut the door silently.

I must walk through the hallways at some point through the misty haze that is my mind right now, because I reach my room and I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling.

I don't sleep at all; my mind in too much turmoil.

When I see the sun rise over the hill in the distance, I know that now is the time to pack.

To pack so that I can go back home.

Ooooohhhhhh drama! Everyone needs some drama in their lives! Not as much as Coronation Street though xx 💖

Sorry for the long wait and thankyou for reading!! Over 500 views thankyou so much! And it's #181 in paranormal so thankyou so much!

Please vote because I recently discovered that that's what you need to get on the What's Hot list??
I might be wrong but thankyou for reading!!