Chapter 17: United

No.

No.

No.

What is this? A lie? No they wouldn't lie to me. Not me. Xavier isn't dying. He's a Vampire. He cannot die without silver, or being burnt alive or...Losing your mate.

"Take me to him." I gasp out, "please."

Phillip grabs my hand lightly and pulls me towards a carriage before opening the door and pausing slightly. He then shakes his head and closes the door, motioning for the driver to take us to the castle.

Phillip's POV:

As I escort Sophia into the carriage I smell the most mouthwatering scent of blueberries and gingerbread before it vanishes and I can only smell smoke from the fires.

I frown and shrug before also getting into the carriage. It must have been my imagination.

Sophia's POV :

Once we arrive in the castle I push open the doors and run towards Xavier's office.

I burst open the door and stare in horror at the sight before me.

Xavier is lying on the floor with blood stains running from his mouth and staining the carpet.

I run forward and clutch him close before checking for his pulse.

Stupid. I think to myself. Vampires don't have pulses.

I pull him onto my lap and keep on whispering his name. He's lost alot of blood, I hope that- wait. Blood! Vampires drink blood! Gosh I am so stupid!

I push his head into my neck and hear him groan before sinking his fangs into my throat.

I gasp as euphoria fills me up. Tingles run through my body and I pull him closer.

He must wake up quickly because I feel him grip me tight and mumble things against my neck.

He stops suddenly and I slump against him because of the amount of blood he drank from me.

He picks ne up against him and sits down at his desk with me in his lap. I breathe heavily from the rush and he pulls me tighter.

"I'm so sorry," His voice breaks "I'm didn't do anything with her, I swear!"

I hug him and lean into his embrace.

Suddenly, sirens ring out and Xavier picks me up, running towards the door and through the halls.

"They're the alarm bells, we're being intruded. I built a safe room for my mate and children, as did my brothers. You'll stay there while I fight." He says in me ear as colours whip past me due to the speed we are running.

"Well, well well. What do we have here?" A sinister voice rings out.