Chapter 18: The Battle

Xavier stiffens and shoves me bsehind him before growling at the man before us.

I peek round him to see a tall, muscled man with brown hair and almost yellow eyes, but with a long scar over his left eye.

He grins at my curiosity, "Hello there little one. Your mate has been very naughty by keeping you away from me."

I whimper at his evil expression and hide behind Xavier again.

He growls deeply and roars at the man, "Stay away from her! She is mine! Not yours!"

The man snarls inhumanely and charges Xavier, who yells at me to run and stay in the forest before his and the man's bodies slam together.

I run through the hallways, past all the fighting and blood; I am no match for a Werewolf.

Eventually I make my way into the woods and run past trees and bushes. I stop for a moment to catch my breath, but I have to keep going because I hear a wolf's howl pierce the silence of the forest. 

I scramble through the woods, my heart racing and my chest heaving. It's right behind me, I can feel it, hear it and practically taste it.

I keep on running but I hear it gaining on me. Leaves crunch under my feet and twigs snap under my weight. I can't let it catch me. I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't.

A root appears out of nowhere and I trip over it, my body rolling through mud, leaves and small sharp rocks. I gasp and roll over, staring at it'd bright yellow eyes. I scream and hear Xavier shout my name, but it's too late, because the beast digs it's sharp teeth into my stomach and I black out from the pain.

Sorry again for the short chapter, but I go back to school tomorrow and I really want to get this book finished; once I get back to school I will have no time to write and update.

One more chapter and maybe an epilogue?

Thanks for reading my lovelies!!!