Chapter 2: Taking Off Like Fire in the Wind

Mari's POV

One month later; Wednesday morning

This was it; The day my three best friends and I were leaving for the chance of a life time.

We had been on the road for almost three and a half hours now, driving to meet 5 Seconds of Summer at Robin Hood Airport. We wanted to pick them up from the airport to get to know each other on the hour long ride to Sheffield where the first show on the UK leg of the tour was on Friday night. Kaylynn and I were in my car while Kenzie was in hers with Vanessa.

"How exciting is this?!" Kaylynn squealed once the airport was finally in sight.

"Kay," I couldn't help but grin widely, "This is real. Like, we are actually going on tour with 5 Seconds of Summer."

"This is so crazy," she murmured to herself before squealing even louder than she had previously. She pointed out the dashboard window, "Look! That's gotta be their plane! They're here!"

"Thank God," I giggled, "I swore we were gonna be late with how long Vanessa took to finish packing."

"You'd think we'd learn not to let her save everything until the last minute," Kaylynn commented, shaking her head as she laughed along, "Plus, we're gonna be home for like, a week for a couple shows after tonight anyway. She totally had time."

I pulled into the parking garage and Kenzie and Vanessa met with us at my car, then we walked into the building. Since we'd parked in the garage, there were no fans waiting around, so it was pretty easy to get in and split up to find the gate the boys would be coming from.

However, once we made it into the terminal, it was a whole different story.

"Guys!" Kenzie called out, making me, Vanessa, and Kaylynn turn toward the direction her voice was coming from. She waved, not continuing until she had all of your attention. "I think I found their gate!" she informed us. The three of us sprinted over to her, rounding the corner and seeing a large group of fans standing around.

"Wow," Vanessa gaped, "I knew there was probably gonna be a lot of people here, but this is crazy."

"Just think, guys," Kaylynn said, "After this tour, those could be our fans waiting for us at airports." I saw one of the brown-haired girls in the back of the group look over and her eyes widened.

"I think it's safe to say one of them already is," I chuckled, watching her look back at the group, making sure they were completely distracted before she sneaked away. No one noticed she'd left as she trotted over to us.

"Hi," she said with a shy smile, "Would... Um... Would it be okay if you guys signed this?" She pulled a Sharpie and a copy of our EP out of her bag.

"Absolutely!" Kenzie beamed, taking the two items from her, "What's your name?"

"Madison," she answered, "And I just wanna say that I love you guys so much. I heard the boys say you were gonna be on tour with them so I looked up Hit and Run and I was hooked."

"Thank you!" Vanessa giggled, signing the CD case as well.

"What are you guys doing here anyway?" she asked curiously, "I thought you would have met them at the venue so you didn't have to deal with this craziness."

"Wanted to get to know them a bit before tour officially starts," I smiled, taking the CD from Kaylynn after she'd signed it, "You can find out a lot about a person by the way they act in a car for an hour."

"Try three and a half," Kaylynn scoffed, shoving me lightly, "Your road rage is unlike anything I've ever seen before."

"Well, if people weren't such stupid drivers, I wouldn't have to yell at them," I sassed, handing the brunette her things back.