Chapter 4: It Started on a Weekend in May

Calum's POV; The next day

"Okay, guys!" Joe, my band's photographer for the tour, announced, "I need to get some promo shots, so let's get this done!"

"Didn't we already do a promo shoot for this tour?" Michael whined, but followed everyone outside anyway.

"That was with the other bands, Mike," he shook his head, "There's a new band on the tour now."

"Better tell the homecoming queen to hold onto her crown, or she's gonna lose it to the new girl in town," Mari sang. We all stared at her and she cocked an eyebrow. "Hairspray? No one, really? Y'all disappoint me."

"Nobody knows what you're talking about, Mari," Kaylynn stated.

"That is not true and you know it," she replied, "I've made you all watch it before."

"Was that that movie you made us watch with you just because you thought we'd like it since Zac Efron is in it?" Vanessa asked.

"Tell me you didn't enjoy it."

"We didn't enjoy it," the girls replied in unison.

"Wait, so is that an American thing because I've never even heard of it," Ashton commented. Mari's eyes widened and she grabbed his shoulders.

"I'm going to fix you, Ashton Irwin," she said with a serious tone.

"You do that, Mari Duncan," he chuckled confusedly as she released him. Interrupting Mari and Ashton's moment, Joe stopped us when we reached a brick wall tagged with graffiti.

"Perfect!" he said, "Everyone line up against the wall."

"It's a shame we don't have those things you hold when you take mug shots," Vanessa commented.

"The mug shot thing has already been overdone," Kaylynn shook her head.

"Hey!" Michael exclaimed, "We've done it before!"

"Exactly," she replied, shoving his shoulder. I caught Mari smiling as she was leaning up against the brick, but she didn't make any additional commentary, so I decided to go over to her.

"Be careful, Mari," I told her, "Standing over here alone makes you look like you're trying to sing Good Girls without anyone hearing you."

"Well, not anymore," she scoffed, playfully rolling her eyes. I grinned, leaning back next to her, trying to ignore the fact that she'd scooted closer so our arms were touching.

"Okay," Joe went on, "Everyone stand with their own band." We all did and took a few photos before he asked if we had any ideas of our own.

"Awkward prom photos!" Kenzie cheered.

"What?" Luke laughed.

"You know," Mari said, "Photos that look like this." She grabbed Kaylynn and pulled her in front of her, wrapping her arms around her waist. The two could barely hold in their laughter before Mari let go.

"It's less awkward when you're looking at a photo, but seeing it in person is just uncomfortable," Ashton shook his head.

"Exactly!" Kenzie squeaked.

"Now, girls," Kaylynn cocked an eyebrow, "The real question is who would we take to prom?"

"I wanna go with Mari!" Michael shouted, grabbing her hand and bringing her to him.

"Why's that, Clifford?" she asked, wrapping her arms around his waist, "Am I the only one willing to go with such a video game geek?"

"I don't wanna take Mari anymore," he frowned, "She only abuses me."